• Report: #1019376

Complaint Review: Ad Hippy

• Submitted: Sun, February 24, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, February 24, 2013

• Reported By: Debbie — houston Texas U.S.A.
Ad Hippy
3915 Iroquois Ave. Sarasota, Florida 34234 Internet United States of America

Ad Hippy Terence McMahon This company did not pay me for work I performed after working from home...... Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Terence McMahon Is A Scam Artist!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response From Company

Please beware....this company AdHippy run by Terence McMahon has a great pitch...work from home and make good money....I signed up and went through a great deal to get set up...computer, headset the works and was off and running....He comes off great with lots of encouragement and appears to be honest. I worked there over 30 days and he had originally promised a raise at 30 days....we were suppose to be paid every Friday between 3pm and 4pm (never happened) not once. I had to beg for my pay each and every Friday and he stalls until time for you to go on line...6pm and then it is too late to pay any bills because you won't get off until 9. Plain and simple "Do what you say you are going to do"/ Finally after 30 days I asked about the suppose raise 30 days after all I met all of my targets and exceeded them most days. He acted like he did not know what I was talking about. I then talked with some of the other workers who by the way started after me....I was one of the longest workers at 30 days so that should have been a clue....they verified they were told the same thing...raise at 30 days. He never mentioned it again...the other new hires kept asking me did I get the raise by the way and I was truthful and told them did not hear back. At any rate...I decided this job just was not for me....I had other options and I quit. I waited for Friday and asked for my pay....and he said...Oh by the way we will mail it .....I asked why would that be as they had never mailed my other pay and by the way they don't even have my address.....He then replied that I would be paid in a couple of hours. I waited and waited.....after a couple of hours he said I would be paid the following day. I asked if I could have a time estimate and he of course ignored me. The following day came and went and then he said....he was going to sue me for asking....and letting the other co-workers know I had not been paid. He even went as far as to post on the group chat that he had in fact paid me....just plain out lied.....and removed me from the group chat so I could not respond. Unfortunately....I had most of the workers private numbers so I was able to notify them anyway....

Most of us have a hard time trusting people we have never met. We are all hoping that people are honest and have the best intentions. In this case I hoped for the same thing. Terence is simply not honest or ethical and does not do what he says. He thinks he is smarter than everyone else and that most people will not follow through but as you can see he was wrong with me. I care about others and most importantly I do have Character and it is not about the money in the end it is simply about doing what you say you are going to do.......

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2013 03:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ad-Hippy/internet/Ad-Hippy-Terence-McMahon-This-company-did-not-pay-me-for-work-I-performed-after-working-fr-1019376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ad Hippy

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Terence McMahon Is A Scam Artist!

AUTHOR: Smartchic - ()

Terence McMahon is a con-artist. I don't recommend anyone to work for him or do business with him. He lies about EVERYTHING. He threaten to sue me several times... so I know what this poster is sharing true information. There were several of us told that we would make extra money (per hour) for working on the weekend. When it was time to get paid, he knew nothing about the extra pay. He ALWAYS say people disappear and then come back for payroll - that is like his main excuse but in actuality, he require pulling teeth just to get paid.

He has a GREAT talk - he's a professional lier.  That's why I don't recommend any kind of business to get into partnership with him. If he'll cheat his workers - he'll cheat his clients.

YES, I did actually get paid AFTER filing with the BBB, the Attorney General of his state and some other state/federal agencies. He lied to one girl so many times. He said that he offer direct deposit but then told her that he could not direct deposit into a CREDIT UNION account... come on now.  A federal Credit Union Bank and you can't deposit into it??? Geez, now you know that's a lie.  He ended up sending her a money gram and substracted the FEE from her pay.  Now what type of person does that? He could have easily got her to invoice him and he pay her via a bank account and/or credit card by Paypal.  No - his goal was to delay the payment as long as he could.

I have ALL of my emails from this guy.  I caught him in so many lies.  The emails tell it all.  All this guy care about is making himself money.  When it comes to pay you - he won't.  There were several people who were trained with me who NEVER got paid - but let him tell you, everyone always get paid. Don't believe him.

He has completely ruined his online reputation with work at home professional. Everyone has the same testimonial about him - yet according to him, we're all lying. Hopefully others will Google his name before they do business with him! Don't do it - you will regret it! I promise!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response From Company

AUTHOR: AdhipoyAdmin - ()

Well, first of all, these allegations are just not true. I would like to address what I read though.

• We never threatened to "sue" someone for simply "asking a question"..lol....as was alleged.

• But we will certainly defend ourselves if we believe someone is lying,making slanderous statements or trying to harm our business with falsehoods....absolutely. I'm not saying that's the case with this person here...but as a general rule we will certainly respond to someone if we feel that they are engaged in that type of behavior.
  • We do  INDEED award raises to certain representatives, after a period of time, usually 30 days, in the form of higher pay or more hours offered or both.

• But of course, we don't GUARANTEE raises to anyone. Raises are based on production, job efficiency, RELIABILITY (VERY IMPORTANT ISSUE WITH WORK FROM HOME REPS FOR US),attitude, etc etc etc. Our reps start between $7.50-$8/hr and ALSO receive bonuses daily. Our AVERAGE rep,right now,earns about 11.50 an hour between the base and bonuses...some much more than that.

• Our reps are independent contractors.
We indeed DO pay our reps. In fact, unlike some other work from home companies out there,we offer direct deposit,paypal,loadable cards as a courtesy to our reps, AS OPPOSED to other companies who will only mail someone a check, which takes a great amount of time.

• Now, from time to time, we come across people, who go through our training which is very detailed,who will come to work inconsistently...they may have other jobs and are constantly late...and/or disappear for long period of times during their shift, or who don't have the sufficient tools..ie properly functioning laptop or PC, their OWN internet connection, or who just don't follow our directives when dealing with our customers, etc etc...and who will also improperly fill out their own time sheets..ie missing information etc....OR THEN simply abandon their posts and WE don't hear from them or cannot get in touch with them for over a week.

• But of course when payday rolls around they show back up suddenly. Sometimes these people claim hours and work that were NOT performed and we have to correct ALOT of information.....in no case have we ever intentionally NOT paid someone monies they were truly owed.
  • THIS PERSON WAS PAID. It's NOT true that this person was not.

• This person obviously has our phone # and email address...so I don't understand why this person, simply doesn't contact us.
We're a good company I believe.  But consumer promotions isn't for everybody of course. We strive to be fair to everyone. And if we make a mistake we do our best to correct it.

I would hope this person would contact me and tell me what this is all about. and IF I can rectify it I would APPRECIATE an UPDATE from  this person here on this site.

Terence McMahon