Complaint Review: Adam Cornelly

• Updated: Mon, September 09, 2013

• Reported By: Sean — Calgary Alabama
Adam Cornelly
email scam Internet USA

Adam Cornelly classified ad scam cheap product, out of country, save-the-children London, UK Internet

Scam artist places local ads in online classified with no phone number that offer items for sales for 10-15% of their value.  They claim to have just moved out of country (no longer local) and will arrange to ship back to local area/country.  They will ask for money to be wired before they are willing to setup 'escrow'.

Sample email:

Adam Cornelly <adam.cornelly@gmail.com>
8:58 AM (2 minutes ago)
to me
Thank you for your email. I am glad that you want to buy my 2012 S-Works Venge McClaren Bike 54cm. My asking price is $2,200.00. From the beginning I want to tell you that I left Canada a couple of days ago and came to United Kingdom with my job (I am a member of the "Save The Children Foundation). If you still want to buy it, we can do it in a very safe way using an escrow company. They will handle the delivery (because I had to take it with me here) and will give you 10 days of Inspection so you can test and see that it is exactly as described by me in my ad. I will pay all shipping/escrow fees.
=========== original ad =========

$2,200, 2012 S-Works Venge McClaren Bike 54cm

Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2013 11:53 AM

Replyclick here

For sale is a "like new" S-Works Venge McClaren with Dura Ace Di2 groupo, Specialized carbon crankset and Zipp 404 Carbon Tubular Wheels. Ridden sparingly, the bike has less than 100 miles on it and is in like new condition. Has never been crashed and is free of scapes, gauges, dents etc. Bike in perfect working condition.

• Location: Calgary

• Post ID: 6788100 calgary

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2013 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adam-Cornelly/internet/Adam-Cornelly-classified-ad-scam-cheap-product-out-of-country-save-the-children-London-1082880. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adam Cornelly