Complaint Review: Adam Shulman

• Reported By: Michael — Merrillville Indiana United States of America
Adam Shulman
11217 Lake Breeze Dr Potomac, Maryland United States of America

Adam Shulman Want to lose over 3k the fast way? Read on. Potomac, Maryland

It was my first show and wanted to do it big, so I contacted an entertainer friend, "V", who knew the local promoters. I was introduced to Angelo Grisafi of Twisted Concepts (promotion company in Northwest Indiana) and given a list of celebrity recording artists along with their booking fees. After much discussion with "V" and Angelo, we agreed on booking Too $hort in July of 2011.

Angelo's booking agent was Adam Shulman, the man who provided Angelo with the list of celebrities and booking fees. I was able to gather enough money from friends who were willing to invest in the show; $2000 for the promotional budget, and $3250 for half of the $6500 it was costing to book Too $hort.

I was instructed by Angelo, that the $3250 had to be wired to Adam Shulman, and the remaining $3250 was to be paid to Too $hort upon his arrival to the venue. This seemed legit, and I agreed to meet Angelo at his bank to give him the $3250 for the wire transfer. He entered the bank and after about 20 minutes returned with a story of his bank not allowing him to wire the money because his account was underfunded. He then asked if I had an account to use. I said I did, and we proceeded to wire the money from my bank account.

Fast forward to show night in July. About an hour before Too $hort was supposed to go on, Angelo pulled me aside and informed me that Too $hort had been detained by police and subsequently missed his flight. He then showed me the text message thread him and Adam Shulman had been having, since Adam Shulman was responsible for the booking. The thread basically said the same thing Angelo said. The thread also showed that Adam Shulman said he would wire the $3250 deposit back within 48 hours- with an ADDITIONAL $500 for the inconvenience.

I was obviously heartbroken at that instant because of how much money I had already spent, but thought that $3750 being wired back would only have me with a slight loss on the entire show. I'm an optimist, and figured it could have been a way bigger loss- so I was a bit relieved.

At the end of the show, I headed towards the door where the money for admission was being received, only to find out all of it was gone; and so was Angelo. I finally found him in the conference room of the venue with DJ Navic of Plan B Promo counting through the money without me. I was not notified, and when I walked in, it appeared that they had already been there with the money for a while. At the same time Angelo approached me with "my cut" of the money, the venue manager burst through the door yelling about a comotion at the front of the venue because of the Too $hort no-show. I had no time to confront Angelo or DJ Navic, and was forced to run to the front to try and pacify the situation by talking to angry concert goers. Soon after that, both Angelo and DJ Navic were nowhere to be found.

Here comes the fun part! After endless emails and texts with Adam Shulman about wiring me back my $3750, in a manner IDENTICAL to the other "Adam Shulman Report", I still have not received one penny from him. I really wish I would have read this website BEFORE I agreed to wire Adam Shulman any money, because I definitely wouldn't have done so.

I honestly don't know if Angelo Grisafi was a cohort in the wire transfer scam, and I have absolutely no proof either- but I do know the manner in which he scurried away with the door money to count it with DJ Navic, WITHOUT me, is more than borderline unethical. Especially since neither of them spent a dime on promotion or securing the venue. And for the record, I was never in contact with DJ Navic- and none of his actions were directly heinous. It is very possible he was an unknowing culprit in this situation.

My first show was less than successful, but it taught me to be more careful of who I should do business with. It also taught me that RipoffReport.com is the first place to check before I do business with anyone else again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2012 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adam-Shulman/Potomac-Maryland-/Adam-Shulman-Want-to-lose-over-3k-the-fast-way-Read-on-Potomac-Maryland-885142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adam Shulman