Complaint Review: Adam & Sons

• Updated: Sat, January 19, 2013

• Reported By: modfusion — Laguna Beach California United States of America
Adam & Sons
31686 3rd Avenue Laguna Beach, California United States of America

*General Comment: Furniture that I bought from this company.

*Consumer Comment: WOW!. that really IS a FULL SERVICE furniture company.

I purchased some furniture via the Internet from Adam & Sons a couple of months ago. The item looked like it was packed well from the original shipper in China, but when I unpacked it, it was broken. Unfortunately it was damaged beyond repair. I foolishly paid using a credit I had on PayPal and, therefore had no buyer protection or credit card fraud protection.

I've spoken to Alan Adams (the owner) on the phone numerous times and he assured me that they would contact their insurance company and resolve the problem. Every time I spoke with him, I felt like Alan was being attentive, so I never suspected that I was actually being scammed. After two months, we agreed on a partial refund. I allowed a compromise because it was starting to look like it was either a partial refund or a total loss. We agreed on an amount and Alan agreed to send me a refund. He never did. Now, as one would expect, my phone calls go unanswered. I'm out nearly $1400.

I would urge anyone considering doing business with Alan Adams and/or his company Adam & Sons to do themselves a favor and stay away.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2012 04:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adam-Sons/Laguna-Beach-California-92651/Adam-Sons-Alan-Adams-Merchandise-arrived-broken-Alan-Adams-agreed-on-a-refund-and-neve-932584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adam & Sons

#1 General Comment

Furniture that I bought from this company.

AUTHOR: Anita - (United States of America)

I am sorry to hear about yr problems w/this company.   I purchased a Barcelona chair & ottoman from Alan using eBay (& PayPal) & was extremely pleased w/what I received.  The quality was exceptional & we hope to use this for a long time.
Having said that, I did have to wait for this product for many months due to shipping issues from China, which were out of the seller's control & I was kept informed about these problems.  (The items were packed so well that it took 20 mins to uncover the furniture & there was no glass to break).

After things are packed well & sent, it is the shippers' fault if things are damaged & u should get a refund from their insurance company.  I don't know whether u tried calling the insurance company yourself.   At any rate, I am sorry about yr experience & hope that this will eventually be resolved.  I would hate to be out that money.  This company is far from all bad, but I do understand your position.  Good luck.

WOW!. that really IS a FULL SERVICE furniture company.

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"Adam & Sons Alan Adams Merchandise arrived broken. Alan Adams agreed on a refund and never followed through. I was totally ripped off. Alan and Adams & Sons are completely unscrupulous. Since I live out of state, he blew me Laguna Beach, California"