Complaint Review: Adamant Computers

• Submitted: Sat, June 08, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, June 20, 2004

• Reported By:New Philadelphia OH
Adamant Computers
4572 Renaissance Parkway Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

Adamant.com Computers ripoff slow prossessing horrible tech support Cleveland Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Adamant was fine with my order---Just another point of view.

*Consumer Suggestion: also bought from Adamant

I purchased two computers and a monitor from Adamant.com about a year ago. When I first got the computer, they had failed to ship the monitor. When I called to report it, the guy from support told me that they had shipped two boxes (they shipped 2 computers in one box) and the order was fulfilled. I told him that the second box shipped. I told him that the second box had speakers and after MAAANY phone calls, they finally shipped my monitor.

Then, about a month ago, the power supply died in one of the systems. I did all the diagnosis and left them an e-mail asking them to ship me a new power supply. They told me that they do not advance-ship parts which I though was kind of lame, but if that's the policy.... I shipped them my old one, and they sat on it for three days before shipping me a new one. (I know this for a fact because the UPS tracking numbers show it.)

Anyway, my power supply comes back, and it's the wrong kind. It's a server power supply (motherboard connector has too many pins) and when I call to complain, the tech support guy, Dave, doesn't believe me. He then says, alright, if you ship us this power supply, we'll send you a new one. I told him that it was unfair that I would have to wait AGAIN and that they should cross-ship it. He told me that even if they made a mistake, there was no way they would advance-ship it. Dave promised to reimburse me for my return shipping, plus put a *rush* order on it when it got back.

Again, Adamant sat on my power supply for four days (four days from the time my tracking says they got it to the time they shipped with new tracking #).

To this date, I have never received my reimbursement check from their tech support. I would recommend never purchasing from Adamant computers because their support policy sucks and when they make mistakes, you pay for them in time and extra shipping.

Michael
New Philadelphia, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2002 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adamant-Computers/Cleveland-Ohio-44128/Adamantcom-Computers-ripoff-slow-prossessing-horrible-tech-support-Cleveland-Ohio-22345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adamant Computers

Adamant was fine with my order---Just another point of view.

AUTHOR: Cameron - (U.S.A.)

I don't question that a few people had difficulties, and I was nervous about ordering from this company. However, they delivered the product as promised in new condition.

Just another point of view.

I did avoid another computer vendor based on the opinions in the reports and feel that they might be fraudulent.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

I bought 3 pc's from them plus an ASUS A7S333 mother board from hell. The pc's were quite good and had about the best price I could find. Unfortunately there's a lot of stuff being made off shore and sold over here that simply doesn't work well with other components that should be compatible. It took a new power supply, an exchange of the MBFH, and a BIOS flash (with the techie holding my hand) to upgrade one of the pc's. When I first replaced the original MB, I wanted more performance. It was fast, but that was more than offset by the frequent crashes and reinstalls of !@#$#% Windows XP. I finally had to disable, and completely forgo, any sound capability. My best pc is deaf and dumb!

I would buy from them again, but only get a complete pc ready to run and guaranteed as a whole.

#3 Consumer Suggestion