Complaint Review: Adapt Linguistic Services

• Submitted: Sat, September 22, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, March 15, 2009

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
Adapt Linguistic Services
4333 Admirality Way Suite 112 Marina Del Rey, California U.S.A.

Adapt Linguistic Services Adapt Linguistic Services hired translators to translate scripts and never paid any of us. Marina Del Rey California

*UPDATE Employee: Paypment delayed but paid

*UPDATE Employee: Hello Carina

I answered an ad on Internet at Craigslist Los Angeles where Adapt Linguistic Services advertised that they needed translators to translate scripts from English into various Scandinavian languages.

I signed a contract with them for each script, and translated 5 scripts in all. They owe me $800.00 that I was supposed to get in the beginning of August 2007.

I have not gotten paid and it has come to my attention that I'm not the only one they've scammed. In all we are about 30 translators in the same position. We all translated scripts, and none of us has gotten paid.

Adapt Linguistic Services are not returning our phone calls or e-mails.

Carina
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2007 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adapt-Linguistic-Services/Marina-Del-Rey-California-90292/Adapt-Linguistic-Services-Adapt-Linguistic-Services-hired-translators-to-translate-scripts-275699. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adapt Linguistic Services

Paypment delayed but paid

AUTHOR: Caroline Clark - (U.S.A.)

I have just started working for them 5 month ago, translating scripts into Italian have got paid fine. Although the first time the payment was delayed but had no problem getting paid afterward. Their rating was a concern for me at first but all is fine now.

Hello Carina

AUTHOR: Carla - (France)

I have also posted my report here and I hope all the other translators will do the same.