Complaint Review: Adaptive Marketing LLC

• Updated: Wed, April 22, 2009

• Reported By:Santa Fe New Mexico
Adaptive Marketing LLC
www.adaptivemarketing.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Adaptive Marketing LLC deceptive advertizing, luring into club memberships under the pretence of providing mortgage rates Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: I SEE ADS FOR THEM WHERE THEY CLAIM TO BE AN EMPLOYMENT AGENCY ON YAHOO HOT JOBS

I believe that Adaptive Marketing LLC is engaged in the most deceiptive advertizing practices I have ever met. I was researching HELOC rates and I ended uo on www.mortgageloan.com, where as part of my inquiry I was asked to request a free credit report. There was an explanation that a self-requested report does not affect the score. I know, that consumers are entitled to one free credit report per year and I thought that it was a clever idea to prevent people from affecting their credit. I then was prompted to give my credit card with a promise that I would be charged $1 - refundable. At the time I missed the explanation on the right side of the screen (in pale blue, as opposed to mostly orange design of the rest of the screen) that by doing so I agree to a trial membership. The next screen prompted me to answer about identity theaft and then I was congratulated on becoming a member of 3 "credit and identity protection" programs, which if, not canceled after 7 days would charge membership fees on my credit card. There was no link to the HELOC rates I started with and no way back to the www.mortgageloan.com!!! In the meantime, Adaptive Marketing sent me e-mails congratulating me with the membership. I wrote back to them and requested to cancel all memberships. As a personal protection, I already reported my card stolen.

Ripoff fighter
Santa Fe, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2009 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adaptive-Marketing-LLC/nationwide/Adaptive-Marketing-LLC-deceptive-advertizing-luring-into-club-memberships-under-the-prete-445617. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adaptive Marketing LLC

And I didn't feel right about them.

I suspect they are a BLATANT scam trying to take advantage of job seekers using the internet and stealing people's identities.