Complaint Review: Adaptive Marketing- Shopping Essentials Plus - Restaurant.com

• Submitted: Wed, May 07, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, May 07, 2008

• Reported By:Piscataway New Jersey
Adaptive Marketing- Shopping Essentials Plus - Restaurant.com
9500 West Dodge Rd Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

Adaptive Marketing- Shopping Essentials Plus - Restaurant.com swipes your credit card info off Restaurant.com and other sites++++DO NOT USE SITES, RESTAURANT.COM WILL NOT PROTECT YOU!!! Omaha Nebraska

I bought restaurant certificates during Christmas in Dec at Restaurant.com. Somehow my information was swiped by Adaptive Marketing LLC or Shopping Essentials. They started to fraudulently bill me for a subscription I NEVER signed up for, I did not receive an email confirming activation or any offers, not even a membership number to access the website. They did not even have my full name. When I called to cancel my "membership" they informed me that I signed up for their services at Restaurant.com, and it occured to me that there was a pop-up ad before check out, and when you click "skip", assumingly they took customer's information that way. This ad would not let you proceed during check out without pressing skip.

I have contacted my bank to rectify this situation, but they can only issue me up to a 60 day refund. It should not be the customer's problem, they should not have to pay for these charges when they are made fraudulently, this is absolutely ridiculous and appalling. Where is justice? Where is fairness? We advocate these to children, to others and practice it in our lives, but there is none when it comes to innocent victims. People cannot trust websites that are BBB credited and hacker safe because they are being paid by advertisers such as Adaptive Marketing to place ads on their website. These companies are not BBB approved nor are they hacker safe, so these website need to make sure to investigate who advertises on their site.

I am a college student, and many people will be able to empathize with me, they know how hard it is go to through school with a part time job. The economy is getting so bad out there, I'm not sure I will be able to find a job. All I wanted to do was to buy my family some presents, and in return my savings are taken from underneath me.

BEWARE
DO NOT USE SITES SUCH AS RESTAURANT.COM--> IT IS NOT WORTH IT!!!!

Rr
Piscataway, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2008 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adaptive-Marketing-Shopping-Essentials-Plus-Restaurantcom/Omaha-Nebraska-68114/Adaptive-Marketing-Shopping-Essentials-Plus-Restaurantcom-swipes-your-credit-card-info-331061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adaptive Marketing- Shopping Essentials Plus - Restaurant.com