Complaint Review: Adaptive Marketing

• Submitted: Fri, November 02, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, November 02, 2007

• Reported By:Warsaw North Carolina
Adaptive Marketing
9500 West Dodge St. Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

Adaptive Marketing #AP9 24PROTECTPLUS-V - THEY GOT ME TOO...... Omaha Nebraska

I too noticed a $14.95 charge for something called #AP9 24PROTECTPLUS-V. I called the 800- number on my charge statement, and got someone who told me a fanciful tale of how I enrolled for this and was sent a confirmation e-mail that I had to respond to to cancel. Operator 1 informed me of my member id number, which I wrote down. She said I could cancel, and that she would transfer me to operator #2 for a refund on the earlier charges (they billed me 4 times before I caught on).

Operator #2 said, no, according to the terms of what I agreed to, they would not refund my money. I asked to speak to his supervisor ("sorry, he's out to lunch..."), and was given their company name, contact number and address.

I did a search, found this site, called them back and entered my "membership ID" number. The recording told me that my membership had been cancelled today. I followed through to a warm body who, after I told her I intended on contacting my state's Attorney General, told me that because of my "special circumstances" she would refund all four charges.

We'll see if that actually happens....

Unhappy
Warsaw, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2007 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adaptive-Marketing/Omaha-Nebraska-68114/Adaptive-Marketing-AP9-24PROTECTPLUS-V-THEY-GOT-ME-TOO-Omaha-Nebraska-282618. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adaptive Marketing