Complaint Review: Adaptive Marketing

• Updated: Tue, August 26, 2008

• Reported By:tulsa Oklahoma
Adaptive Marketing
adaptivemarketing.com Internet U.S.A.

Adaptive Marketing; Today's Escapes, Your Savings Club; Deal Pass, Vertrue FRAUD - PLEASE Contact FTC - they have been doing this at lerast since 2005 Internet

This is a fraudulent company under many different web site names with many bogus 800 and 877 numbers that all feed into the same dead end recording. Posts on ripoff report go back at least 3 years. Their methods are varied, but the bottom line is that you credit card or bank starts showing charges ranging from $1.00 to $19.95 in my case, and I have never heard of them, nor received anything from them. They probably bought my info from a legitimate source and I have no way of tracing it.

These small amounts often escape people's attention for months until people dig into it and discover they are actually being charges under several company names. By then, they have already gotten enough money to make it worth their while and you are out along with gosh knows how many others.
You can't reach them - don't even bother. However, after calling about 15 government agencies, you can do this:

Please contact the Federal Trade Commission. By email or phone. That is our only hope of shutting these people down and to help other people from getting scammed. If we all do this, there will be enough complaints for them to take action. I have scoured this site, and I see ways to get our money back, however nothing on stopping this from happening to others.

To make matters worse, they advertise on their site that they work with reputable charities who do wonderful things for people, such as United Way, Make a Wish, Muscular Dystrophy, and Big Brother Big Sister, as well as listing major companies they give coupons for. Trust me, they don't.

Let's take action and do something about this. It may not happen immediately, but if we don't do something together, then this will continue to hurt people, some who can afford it much less than I.

I hope this helps. To contact the FTC please call 1-877-382-4357 or go to their website at http://www.ftc.gov to learn more or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/. It may be a 5 minute wait, but it will make you feel a heck of a lot better and not so powerless against scum like this. My guess is our money is going out of the country as well, which makes it that much worse. Good luck!

Ashley
tulsa, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2008 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adaptive-Marketing/internet/Adaptive-Marketing-Todays-Escapes-Your-Savings-Club-Deal-Pass-Vertrue-FRAUD-PLEASE-367090. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adaptive Marketing