Complaint Review: Addicted2Hobbies LLC

• Updated: Sun, July 14, 2013

• Reported By: Randy — Plainfield Illinois
Addicted2Hobbies LLC
6013 Colonial Dr Orlando, Florida USA

Addicted2Hobbies LLC, Collector's Grading, The Hobby Spot Stolen property Orlando Florida

Collector's Grading (aka The Hobby Spot, aka Addicted2Hobbies LLC) advertises an autograph authentication service.  You fill out the form, mail in your item with the form, they research and authenticate the signature or declare it a fake.

Or so they claim.

In February 2013 I sent a Judy Garland autograph to be authenticated.  I shipped the package with insurance, tracking and requiring an adult signture.  The autograph was received by Collector's Grading on February 20th and was signed for by a staff member named Rebekah.

The Collector's Grading website says they notify you when they receive your autograph.  I was never notified, so on March 21st I sent an email requesting a status update.  I also mailed a paper copy to the address they advertised.  I attempted to fax and call the business, but the numbers had been disconnected.

On March 23rd I received an email back from them.

"Hi there!

Thank you for the follow up! We have received your autograph, and we're currently looking into it. We're also in the process of moving our store location, so we've got our hands a little tied while trying to get the information together as well as our store moved safely and securely. You can expect to have it mailed back to you in approximately 30-45 days.
Thank you again for following up with us, and I'll be sure to keep in contact with you about the status of your autograph when there is an update.

Regards,

Patrick"

After another 2 months I emailed them again to request an update because I hadn't heard anything nor had I received my autograph back.  My email went unanswered.

I eventually filed a complaint with the IC3.  On June 19th I emailed a copy of the complaint to Collector's Grading and requested an immediate return of my property without the authentication service.  I received no response and my property has still not been returned.

It has now been 5 months since my autograph was sent to them.  At this point, I am considering the property stolen.  I am pursuing legal options.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2013 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Addicted2Hobbies-LLC/Orlando-Florida-32789/Addicted2Hobbies-LLC-Collectors-Grading-The-Hobby-Spot-Stolen-property-Orlando-Florida-1066929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Addicted2Hobbies LLC