Complaint Review: Address Change Service

• Updated: Sat, March 08, 2014

• Reported By: Rippedoff consumer — Bradenton Florida
Address Change Service
7580 Creed Water Drive Dayton, Ohio USA

Address Change Service Emerald Technologies Caution Advised when changing mailing address Dayton Ohio

I needed to initiate a Change of Address form with the US Post Office.  Did a Google Search and the first item that comes up is for a website that looks very much like the official USPS website.  Only problem; it isn't.  The only way I discovered this was by checking my credit card actiivity and noticed a charge for $19.95 by Address Change Service.  Since I knew the charge normally should have been $1.05 to make an address change with USPS, I called the 855 number associated with the vendor identification.  As I learned, this was not the USPS.  When I complained, I was told a credit would  be issued to my credit card, minus the $1.05 that the USPS charged them for the address change.  Subsequently, I learned that my complaint is very similar to others on RipOff report. Bottom line is, when you are changing a mailing address, be absolutely certain you are on the USPS website and not a "look-alike" site.  My guess is a lot of people never notice this and end up paying the $19.95 to this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2014 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Address-Change-Service/Dayton-Ohio-34349/Address-Change-Service-Emerald-Technologies-Caution-Advised-when-changing-mailing-address-1129258. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Address Change Service