Complaint Review: Adirondack, Schroon Lake,Thurman Pond-Loon Lodge

• Updated: Sun, July 28, 2013

• Reported By: Theresa — POUGHKEEPSIE New York
Adirondack, Schroon Lake,Thurman Pond-Loon Lodge
Beaver Dan Rd, Schroon Lake, NY Schroon Lake, New York USA

Adirondack, Schroon Lake,Thurman Pond-Loon Lodge Owner Anthony Signorelli Significantly Not As Advertised Schroon Lake New York

I would like to preface this by stating that I am 56 years old and fairly well traveled.  This is the first review I have ever submitted, and I am doing it so that others will know exactly what it is they are renting.

In getting to the property, you must traverse a 1.3 mile heavily gutted, boulder strewn one lane road.  Some of the larger rocks are painted red and green so you can better avoid them.  Rain creates massive,  deep puddles and mud pits.  This would have been bearable had I been informed beforehand, and had the actual property been as advertised. Needless to say, a four wheel drive vehicle is a must. Unfortunately, I did not have one.

Loon Lodge is advertised as waterfront, but the property is not on the water, nor is there a water view.  Instead, there is a steep path down to a dirt road, a short walk on that road, and then another path down to the water. [continued below]....

.....  Completely unsuitable for the elderly.  I had my parents with me and there is no way my Mom could have made it down to the lake.  There is a small level spot to park a car near the final path to the beach, however that path is sloped, uneven, covered in brush and so can be dangerous to walk for an older person.

Between the drive in to the property, which had my dad in quite a state of anxiety, and the lack of water front, my parents decided to leave early the next morning as there was nothing for them to do, and they were afraid of being stranded if the road washed out due to rain.

The cabin itself was as stated.  However, there was no hot water.  The water temperature was warm, but never got hot.  The owners did come and make an adjustment on the water heater, to no avail.  I did not notify them a second time because I was already quite upset and despondent, and did not want to further ruin the remainder of my vacation.  I must also mention there is a very distinct and unpleasant musty smell permeating the entire cabin. I had rented the cabin through Adirondack by owner.  On that site a screen room was advertised.  That "screen room" consisted of a Coleman screen tent placed on the deck over a picnic table. Also, I see Wi-Fi advertised here, the cabin does not have Wi-Fi access.  When asked, the owner stated that if you have a personal Verizon data plan, there is access.  That is not Wi-Fi.  One last thing I will mention about the property, there are scrap piles of building materials and abandoned furniture in a few areas.

The lake itself is lovely, and there is a rowboat and a canoe for your use.

In conclusion, I feel that the property is misrepresented, and the rental fee being charged is too high for what you are actually getting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2013 09:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adirondack-Schroon-LakeThurman-Pond-Loon-Lodge/Schroon-Lake-New-York-12870/Adirondack-Schroon-LakeThurman-Pond-Loon-Lodge-Owner-Anthony-Signorelli-Significantly-N-1070738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adirondack, Schroon Lake,Thurman Pond-Loon Lodge