Complaint Review: Adobe Systems Incorporated

• Reported By: Dale — Lincoln Nebraska United States of America
Adobe Systems Incorporated
345 Park Avenue San Jose, California United States of America

Adobe Systems Incorporated Adobe is ripping off customers. San Jose, California

*Consumer Suggestion: I'll give you a hand.....

Adobe is ripping off its customers who purchase their computer software. If an individual purchases a software product either physically by mail, or through the internet, that individual would have to purchase a new release of the same product when a new version of the product is released or the individual will get no support.

I have a purchased license for Adobe CS4 Web Premium that costed over $600. After relocating and installing a new operating system on a new computer I  notice my installation discs were damaged and unrecoverable. I contacted Adobe via "Adobe LiveChat" to request a possible Adobe CS4 Web Premium install file that I could download. I was told that because Adobe had released Adobe CS6 Web Premium that the Adobe CS4 Web Premium was not available for download or purchase or anything.

I was informed by the "Live" personnel that I would have to buy Adobe CS6 Web Premium. I informed the Adobe personnel that I was chatting with that Adobe doesn't just delete older versions of software products and that there was a backup file somewhere on some server or hard drive that could be made available for a customer or customers that have already purchased the software product. Again I was told to purchase Adobe CS6 Web Premium as Adobe CS4 Web Premium was no longer available since version CS6 was released.

To require a customer that has already paid for a product to purchase a newer version of the product in order to get any support is a clear indication of immoral business ethics and it is ripping off the customers. Do we dare say fraud? If an individual were to visit the Adobe site, that individual will only be offered the newest version of Adobe's products without any way to find older products. The only way you can see older software products purchased is to log in to Adobe and look under product registrations, but there will be no links offering support or anything.

Every software development company I've ever purchased software from would offer me a download link for the installation file if I had damaged installation discs without charge. That's just good business ethics. But Adobe requires its customers to purchase a newer version and does not offer replacement of already purchased software.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2012 07:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adobe-Systems-Incorporated/San-Jose-California-95110-2704/Adobe-Systems-Incorporated-Adobe-is-ripping-off-customers-San-Jose-California-907884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adobe Systems Incorporated

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I'll give you a hand.....

AUTHOR: Dontwasteyourmoney - (United States of America)

If you still would like to resolve your issue, go to indysoftwarestore and submit a support request and we'll get you taken care of, also, make sure you mention this website, Sal

spirits