Complaint Review: Adoptalab

• Updated: Fri, November 30, 2012

• Reported By: Cathy — Becket Massachusetts United States of America
Adoptalab
Internet, Indiana United States of America

Adoptalab no refund as advertised and verbalized via phone contact; rude to myself when I couldn't take a 'puppy', after they cancelled 3 times in a row, 2x's to 'transportation' & 1 time to 'cough'. I had ado Internet, Indiana

I made payment of $295 to adoptalab, the end of Sept 2012, to acquire a 'puppy' advertised.  After their cancelling 3 times in a row, I realized I could not take the dog, due to leaving for a week & not knowing if I could housebreak the dog in time to board at a home.  In informing them via phone, Lee was rude but did say he would refund, minus '$100'.  Their agreement (although I did not sign) did have stipulations, so I did not argue on amount.  It also states it can take up to a month.  It has been over a month (I notified them 10/24), and have not received a refund.  I have tried e-mailed and called, with no reponse back.  I then read a story on the internet, in which they were recently raided.  That has heightened my concern on on acquiring back my refund, as they appear unscrupulous.  I had previously adopted a dog, a chocolate lab, from them, 1/11; who was reported to have been gotten from a breeder.  The dog was 'frozen' when I met it, no socialization, fearful and appears to have been abused and neglected.  When I had originally asked Patty about the dog, she was very evasive.  When I e-mailed reporting concerns, she e-mailed back "what do you expect, the perfect dog".  I was astonished.  I have kept this dog, who was reported to be about 9mths to 1 yr when I acquired it (although I believe more like 6 or 7 mths).  I know rescue dogs will have issues, but this dog has continued to be fearful of people, despite socialization.   I am no worried, not only that I was misinformed of this dog, but now that I won't get back my refund.  Their attitude and relations to 'paying customers' who are trying to give good homes to their 'rescued dogs' is horrible and unprofessional.  When Lee answered the phone, he did not even introduce himself, or describe who he was, as I had been dealing with Patty.  Not a good organization.  I would like to acquire help on getting back my refund, and if possible, the full amount.  Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2012 08:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adoptalab/Internet-Indiana-/Adoptalab-no-refund-as-advertised-and-verbalized-via-phone-contact-rude-to-myself-when-I-976023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adoptalab