Complaint Review: Adora Body Sculpting Clinic

• Reported By: halfpint — Riverview Florida United States of America
Adora Body Sculpting Clinic
1107 Professional Park Drive Brandon, Florida United States of America

Adora Body Sculpting Clinic Laser hair removal ripoff Brandon, Florida

I purchased a Groupon for laser hair removal in December of 2011. I went to Adora twice for treatments, and paid an additional $80 to upgrade the area of treatment. The first two treatments were not effective at all.

The company then contacted me and said that they got a new machine that was much stronger, and it was causing burns from UV exposure after a treatment. They said that they would need to shut down for the summer months, and that when they reopen I would receive 6 more sessions on a different area for free.

I waited until September and tried to make an appointment, and they couldn't see me until after Thanksgiving. A week before my appointment they called an said the burn situation got worse and they would no longer be offering laser hair removal. They offered me a refund less the 2 appointments I went to. I told them I expected a full refund as the first two appointments were a waste of time.

Now the spa is telling me that I will have to wait another 4-6 weeks to see my money back. I contacted Groupon and got the first $100 back, but they cannot refund me for the $80 since I paid that directly to the clinic.

The people at this clinic are rude and unprofessional, and their treatments are a scam. I wouldn't be surprised if the place shuts down before I get this money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2012 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adora-Body-Sculpting-Clinic/Brandon-Florida-33511/Adora-Body-Sculpting-Clinic-Laser-hair-removal-ripoff-Brandon-Florida-988076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adora Body Sculpting Clinic