Complaint Review: Adora Body Sculpting Clinic

• Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: sunrise29 — Plant City Florida United States of America
Adora Body Sculpting Clinic
1107 Professional Park Drive Brandon, Florida United States of America

Adora Body Sculpting Clinic They are stealing money from people Brandon, Florida

I purchased a Groupon for Adora Body Sculpting Clinic on Dec 13, 2010. The Groupon was $99 for Six Laser Hair-Removal Treatments and Teeth-Whitening Treatment at Adora Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center ($1,149 Value) and the Total charged was $99.00.
I began treatments on 3/2/11 as this was the first date available. When I arrived they offered other areas for $99 as well.  I purchased 2 more areas for a total of $198 more.  Treatments had to be spaced 6-8 weeks apart. I completed my treatments but I hardly noticed a difference after all the time spent over those 7 months. After consulting with the company they told me that sometimes it takes more than 6 visits.
Going on Adora's recommendation, I purchased a Half Office Depot voucher to finish what was started. This voucher was by merchant: Adora Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center and included Six Laser Hair-Removal Treatments and Teeth-Whitening Kit.   Half way through my treatments Adora placed my voucher on hold (summer freeze) in order to obtain better machines. Upon arrival of these new machines I was told that they would begin my treatments over since the original ones "on the old equipment" did not work. After one treatment I called back to make my second appointment and was told that they are no longer offering this service.
I asked for a refund of what I paid directly to them $198 and they told me I would need to contact Groupon and Half Off Depot for the other cost.  Groupon claims they can not refund the money since they have a class action law suit going on for problems with expired vouchers.  My situation does not fit this suit.  I contacted Half Off Depot and was told that I did not qualify since it was well past the expiration date.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 05:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adora-Body-Sculpting-Clinic/Brandon-Florida-33511/Adora-Body-Sculpting-Clinic-They-are-stealing-money-from-people-Brandon-Florida-969502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adora Body Sculpting Clinic