Complaint Review: Adorama Camera

• Submitted: Wed, February 28, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, April 29, 2010

• Reported By:chula vista California
Adorama Camera
42 West 18th Street New York, New York U.S.A.

Adorama Camera, Horrible customer service charging fraudulent fees for products you do not order and not wanted to except returns New York New York

*Consumer Comment: Joly cow Helen youre everywhere but where you need to be

*UPDATE Employee: Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

I have ordered things from Adorama in the past with no problem. recently i ordered a charger from them over the phone, the charger came out to be about $90 but to my suprise i was charged close to $600 dollars. i call in about this situation and they tell me that they had charged me for a backpack aswell. I was told it was a mistake on thier behalf and that when the product arived to call in and they would send me a return slip for it in order to proccess the refund.

the product arrives and i call in. I am told my a rude customer service representitive that this is my problem and i have 14 days to send it back or they will not honor the refund. they tell me that i must pay to have it shipped and that they will not refund either the shipping costs they charged me to send the packpack to me, nor the costs of to send it back. the total of wich is over $120 dollars,

i ask to speak with the manager and i get a voice mail. I leave a message stating the situation and wait 2 days. i recieve no call back. from then i call litterly everyday leaving a voicemail every time to either the customer service representitive or the manager. i have yet to recieve a reply from them.

all I want is a refund of a product i did not order . I will not pay for shipping and request that a return slip be sent to me and for a refund including the shipping price be proccesed.

Brian
chula vista, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2007 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adorama-Camera/New-York-New-York-10011/Adorama-Camera-Horrible-customer-service-charging-fraudulent-fees-for-products-you-do-not-237459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adorama Camera

Joly cow Helen youre everywhere but where you need to be

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

In another job.

Let's show everyon what a great ambastardor you are for adorama.

I'll bet these people didnt know that you scour the Internet for dirt on them and then repost it if they complain.

(((ROR redacted)))

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

AUTHOR: Helen - (U.S.A.)

Dear Brian

Firstly, I have to apologise, most sincerely, for the frustration and irritation that you felt on this occasion when dealing with Adorama. As you are aware from dealing with us in the past, this is not our usual standard of service - but I am not surprised that you feel extremely fed up with the service you received from Adorama this time.
I do hope that by now you have received your refund and that you are not out of pocket.
Together with our new Director for Strategic Development, we are monitoring all complaints, and are doing our best to address issues such as the one you have raised
At present I am at a loss to explain either why you were sent an item that was not ordered, or why our representative did not simply arrange for the bag to be collected - which nevertheless does not excuse the fact that you now feel that Adorama let you down, badly, and I absolutely understand why you feel this way.

I would really like the opportunity to investigate this matter thoroughly, and at least try to find an explanation for how this occurred.

I would be delighted to continue this discussion outside the forum, and see if there is anything we can do to make things right for you. My direct contact details are: helen.oster@adoramacamera.com and I do look forward to hearing from you at your earliest opportunity. (If you still have your order number to hand, that would be extremely helpful, or if not, your zip code & the date of your order). If you can recall the name of the representative that dealt with you, that would be helpful, too.

Sincerely