Complaint Review: Adorama Consumer Research Group

• Submitted: Mon, June 23, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 23, 2008

• Reported By:myerstown Pennsylvania
Adorama Consumer Research Group
P.O. Box 5679 New York, New York U.S.A.

Adorama Consumer Research Group Posing as secret shopper employer New York, New York

So today I got a letter in the mail, no return address and it had a Canada postage stamp on it. Right away I KNEW there was a bad check inside, as I was scammed this time last year with a bad check that was in a plain white envelope with no return address and a Canada postage stamp on it. Well I opened it up and voila there was a $3,980.00 check inside. They claim that they are an employer for a mystery shopping job. So being the b!tch that I am and knowing very well it is a scam I ask if he is in the united states, stupid him says "yes", so I respond, "really?, then why is there a Canada postage stamp on the envelope?? and why is the area code a number in Canada??" He started giving some bull crap reply and I didn't even listen, I ignorantly cut him off and pretty much yelled at him and called him every name in the book. His name was Terry Hall and claimed that the check was for my first mystery shopping job, I was to deposit the check and use money gram to wire it to NY. Yes, I was supposed to test the customer service at money gram. Beware of this scam everyone. These people lie through their teeth and stay so calm and act so damn legitimate it's sick. I will be taking this letter, envelope and check to my local authorities.

Again the company name is: Adorama Consumer research Group
Bank the check was issued from: JPMorgan Chase Bank
My Rep ID was A-281

Caroline
myerstown, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2008 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adorama-Consumer-Research-Group/New-York-New-York-10011/Adorama-Consumer-Research-Group-Posing-as-secret-shopper-employer-New-York-New-York-343281. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adorama Consumer Research Group