Complaint Review: Adorama New York City

• Submitted: Fri, February 29, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, April 29, 2010

• Reported By:west hollywood California
Adorama New York City
42 West 18th Street New York, New York U.S.A.

Adorama New York City Impossible to deal with and do not honor their word New York New York

*Consumer Comment: Adorama goes for revenge on customer with a legitimate complaint

*UPDATE Employee: Adorama Customer Service Ambassador

*Author of original report: And another thing....

I bought -- or should I say TRIED to buy a used digital camera along with a used lens from this outfit and while their hours on Friday and Saturday are practically non-existent -- which I don't mind because I lived in New York and know that some businesses have hours to work around the Jewish Sabbath, the representative at Adorama told me four days in a row that my order would be shipped out that day and that a confirmation e-mail would be sent to me. Today, I called to cancel my order which he did immediately without trying to at least save the sale. I said to him that he really should try to save the sale and he said he would waive all shipping and have the order shipped out immediately. Also, that I would get a confirmation from him to let me know a tracking number for my shipment. Low and behold, by their closing (at 1:00pm) there was NO e-mail. No Shipment sent etc.

Well, after reading the other complaints here, I completely see why.

This company was recommended by another photographer and I will be sure to let him as well as everyone in my photography classes -- including professor who has bought several things from them in the past -- to stay as far away from this company as possible. B&H Photo does not treat people with such disrespect and dishonesty. I will never buy from them and if I see anything on my credit card, I will report them to my credit card company as a fraudulent charge and let the credit card company handle the prosecution.

Bad news company. And bad manners to boot.

jacq
west hollywood, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2008 07:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adorama-New-York-City/New-York-New-York-10011/Adorama-New-York-City-Impossible-to-deal-with-and-do-not-honor-their-word-New-York-New-Yor-313493. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adorama New York City

Adorama goes for revenge on customer with a legitimate complaint

AUTHOR: Ray - (USA)

Its amazing how these companies can commit suicide by attempting to silence those that theyve ripped-off. This company sent me a used\repackaged\open boxed piece of precision astronomical equipment and tried to pass it off as new. I paid full price, complained and now they go on a campaign of lies and harassment to appear to give the feigned aura of legitimacy while they emit the stench of an open grave. I encourage anyone reading this complaint to go to the link that Helen Oster the Ambassador of Customer Service, has provided to get another glimpse of just how dishonest and outright spiteful these types of companies can get in an effort to salvage their self-appointed image. If they accuse one customer off trying to rip them off then they are suspecting all of their customers to do the same. Would you want to do business with this company. Google Adorama complaints for no fewer than 20,400 COMPLAINTS! Im sure Adorama believes that they were all trying to rip them off also. I make a very very very good living and do not need Adaorams 20% discount but what I do need is for companies like this to stop sending out used merchandise as new.

Enclosed please find the letters of harassment: Dear Mr Ambrosini First Email: On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 5:11 AM, Helen Oster wrote: Mr Ambrosini Before you speak with Monique, a question; why Adorama? I actually fretted about you last night and slept badly, believing that we had treated you so very badly. The Internet is a very big and very powerful tool, in both honest and upright hands, as well as being a weapon for the dishonest and unscrupulous. Sincerely Helen Oster Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

]Second Email: helen.oster@adoramacamera Following your scurrilous and altogether unacceptable postings on certain websites, we have instructed our legal team.We have been advised by our legal team, following their initial investigations, that you filed for Bankruptcy in Arizona, that you have claimed, falsely that you were formerly a licensed commercial pilot and that you have a Ph.D in Science. We are also aware that you use a number of aliases to attempt to solicit funds from retailers and service suppliers.I feel it is only fair to warn you that each and every false allegation that you make against Adorama will be refuted, and will be used in evidence against you. Therefore, be warned, this 'case' as you call it, is most certainly NOT closed.

Email from Jerry Greenbaum: Raymond, Based on your classless email to Helen, and yesterdays verbal abuse towards our customer service representative, It is quite obvious that your attempted blackmailing at trying to get a cheaper price and failing has upset you. It didnt work at some other companies as well as you are well aware (Just Google it). We gave you your final offer to return it and now we retract that offer. While you may have a lot of time to waste, we on the other hand are confident that for every customer we lose we can gain another. The internet is a powerful tool and we use it to our advantage. Have a nice day. Sincerely, Jerry Greenbaum Supervisor/Adorama, Inc. 42 West 18th Street New York, NY 10011 212-741-0401 Ext. 2251 jerryg@adorama.com Sincerely Helen Oster Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

Adorama Customer Service Ambassador

AUTHOR: Helen - (U.S.A.)

Dear jacq

Reading your report, I am not surprised that you feel extremely irritated with the service you received from Adorama Camera.
I wishe I could tell you that this is the first occasion on which we have screwed up an order - but we both know that wouldn't be true.
I can't promise that this will be the last time that Adorama will get it wrong, either - what I can guarantee, however, is that our new Director for Strategic Development monitors all complaints such as yours, and we are doing pour best tio turn things around at Adorama.

Well, after reading the other complaints here, I completely see why.

Bad news company. And bad manners to boot.

west hollywood, California
Just wanted to give you all dates on this purchase. I purchased this order on February 22, 2008 at around 11:30am (well before they closed on Friday) and they couldn't see my order. They told me to call back on Sunday morning at 9:00 (even though their phone lines didn't open until 9:30am) That afternoon, they called to sell me a warranty and batteries. Then my calls began on Monday to the Used Department because my order had NOT been shipped and was still showing 'Pending' for the next five days.

Oh, on Wednesday, I did get the batteries and warranty that the 'Salesman' took over the phone; however, no camera, no lens. Imagine that... On February 29th, I cancelled the order and was told that it would be shipped to me -- it was 'at the warehouse' and going to be shipped today... which is what I was told on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and then Friday... Again.

wretched company. Don't ever waste your money with these folks. Like I said above, B&H Photo or Calumet is the WAY to go. They have a conscience. The also do good business -- especially for photographers.

Dear jacq

I wish I could tell you that this is the first occasion on which we have screwed up an order - but we both know that wouldn't be true.
I also wish that I could promise that this will be the last time that Adorama will get it wrong; what I can guarantee, however, is that our new Director for Strategic Development monitors all complaints, and we are doing pour best to address complaints like yours at Adorama.
Firstly, I have to apologise, most sincerely, for the frustration that you felt. At present I am at a loss to explain either why our representative did not give you the standard of service on which Adorama prides itself - or why it took so long to ship your order. Whether the problem was with the representative that you spoke to, or due to a problem in the warehouse - which the rep was unaware of, I don't know at this time. I understand that your order was for a used lens and a new camera - it is possible that there was mis-communication between the two departments that would have been responsible.
As to the tracking number, if your camera was being drop-shipped directly from the manufacturer, unfortunately we are reliant on them to provide it to us, before we can provide it to the customer.
These possible factors do not excuse the fact that you now feel that Adorama let you down, badly, and I absolutely understand why you feel this way.

I would really like the opportunity to investigate this matter thoroughly, and at least try to find an explanation for how and why we managed to mess up your order, not once, but over & over again.

I would be delighted to continue this discussion outside the forum, and see if there is anything we can do to make things right for you. My direct contact details are: helen.oster@adoramacamera.com and I do look forward to hearing from you at your earliest opportunity. (If you still have your order number to hand, that would be extremely helpful, or if not, your zip code & the date of your order). If you can recall the name of the representative that dealt with you, that would be helpful, too.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

And another thing....

AUTHOR: J.m. - (U.S.A.)

Just wanted to give you all dates on this purchase. I purchased this order on February 22, 2008 at around 11:30am (well before they closed on Friday) and they couldn't see my order. They told me to call back on Sunday morning at 9:00 (even though their phone lines didn't open until 9:30am) That afternoon, they called to sell me a warranty and batteries. Then my calls began on Monday to the Used Department because my order had NOT been shipped and was still showing "Pending" for the next five days.

Oh, on Wednesday, I did get the batteries and warranty that the "Salesman" took over the phone; however, no camera, no lens. Imagine that... On February 29th, I cancelled the order and was told that it would be shipped to me -- it was "at the warehouse" and going to be shipped today... which is what I was told on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and then Friday... Again.