Complaint Review: Adorama

• Submitted: Mon, February 27, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, March 19, 2012

• Reported By: Troutbum — Northern california California United States of America
Adorama
20486 Camas Rd Burney, California United States of America
  • Phone: 530-335-2242
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Adorama Rip Off Burney, California

*Consumer Comment: Adorama is a stand-up company

After sending them over $3000 of professional camera equipment for evaluation and asking only for a trade for a camera of lesser value, they told me they estimated my equipment was only worth $700. If I wanted to trade for a camera of lesser value I'd still owe them $671. Even though I accepted their offer I knew they were treating me unfairly and ripping me off.

I sent a complaint letter to their managment and asked for reconsideration. I had previously reseached what they were selling similair equipmenty like mine on their web site and it totalled over $3000. Plus, my equipment was of equal or better value.

Their response was not to compromise, re-negotiate, or make any concessions. They would not offer me any refund of my $671, either in full or partial, or offer me any credit towards the purchase of anything else. They did offer to sell me additional equipment for what they said was a "deal." However, the deal was nearly the same as anyone could receive on their web site. It was such an insult.

Their unwillingness to make any compromise just proves how selfish this company is. They don't really care for their customers once they have spent money. If you have a complaint, don't expect them to budge one iota.

I would strongly advise anyone dealing with this company to seriously consider being ripped off should they have any complaints.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2012 09:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adorama/Burney-California-96013/Adorama-Rip-Off-Burney-California-845673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adorama

Adorama is a stand-up company

AUTHOR: SarahSmiles - (United States of America)

So, let's get this straight..................

In your own words: "I accepted their offer, I felt strongly they had low balled me, ripped me off and treated me totally unfair"

And now you are posting here in order to shame & blackmail a decent company into giving you an additional $671?

If you could have found somewhere to sell the equipment for $3000 as you claim you should've done exactly that instead of bringing down a decent company.

I've bought countless items from Adorama over the years, and sold many items through their used dept. They are a stand up company and nobody is interested in your complaint.

I suggest you ask them to simply return your items, as it says on their website, very clearly:

If you accept the offer, we will send you a check right away or you can use it as a credit toward any purchase you would like to make.  If a deal is not made, we will return the merchandise to you, fully insured, at our expense.

YOU are in the wrong here, not Adorama.  They should sue you for deformation of character!
Replacing Emoji...