Complaint Review: Adorama

• Updated: Wed, June 30, 2010

• Reported By: luv2buy — USA

Adorama sells electronics, cameras, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Canon printer from Adorama

I've never had such bait and switch treatment as I did with Adorama.  They cancelled my order without a reason except that "it's too low".  yeah, the only thing that changed was the addition of a manufacture's rebate of $150 that was just available when I ordered.  They could had said they ran out of inventory or it was a mis-priced item.  But no, they wanted more money after the fact.

If you deal with them in the future, you are taking your chances.  I should have read all their reviews first before buying from them.

Good luck if you roll the dice with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2010 03:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adorama/internet/Adorama-sells-electronics-cameras-Internet-618852. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adorama

Canon printer from Adorama

AUTHOR: Helen - (U.S.A.)

I believe you may be referring to your recent order for the Canon printer, which was advertised with an instant rebate directly from Adorama.

These units were part of a limited allocation that we were able to obtain at a discounted price, and could therefore offer this on to our customers with an instant saving.

Due to the popularity of this offer we sold out very quickly of the promotional units that we received; it is therefore with regret that were unable to accept further orders for the printer with the instant rebate directly from us.

However, the instant rebate was immediately superseded by a mail-in rebate directly from the manufacturer.

The problem was caused because the software that regulates the shopping cart should have ensured that it stopped accepting orders as soon as all of the special purchase units had been accounted for. Please be assured that this matter has been taken seriously and alongside the immediate action taken to cancel the orders that cannot be fulfilled at the discounted price, senior IT management will be launching an investigation into the matter.

In accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Web Site Use and our Pricing and Availability Policy, we were left with no choice but to cancel all affected orders. We did offer disappointed customers the opportunity to purchase this printer at the regular price.

I wish there was something I could say to make you feel less angry about the incident, although I am not surprised that you feel the way you do about this offer; I appreciate your frustration, and imagine that in your position that I would be feeling the same way.

There are a number of excellent retailers who offer equally competitive terms and comprehensive inventories, so I understand fully that my words alone could not restore your faith in Adorama. All I can do now is apologize that we caused you and our other disappointed customers such inconvenience.

We really do care about our customers and make every effort to avoid this sort of thing happening so we do want to apologize to anyone that was confused and/or frustrated by the rebate system - and thank you all for being such great customers.

Helen Oster