breathing

• Updated: Wed, September 12, 2007

• Reported By:wch Ohio
Adova Health - Consumer Alliance
Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Adova - Consumer alliance Company portrays itself as "insurance" prey on pre existing conditions Atlanta Georgia

Do not purchase Adova/consumer alliance. I purchased their so called health insurance/discount plan. FUlly aware of what they really offer, I still had no claims paid. They had no problem taking my 299.95 premium from my account every month. However, claims never got received, after numerou faxes and mailings. They switched Dental administrators and did not honor prior deductibles or count my prior membership towards waiting periods.

Forget trying to reach someone from Adova, what a joke.Long, Long wait times, then when someone did answer, all they could do was take message. Nobody, ever called me back< I have about 7 different case Numbers, as they call it, waiting for people to call me back. Then when I did reach someone, they did not show any of my case numbers???? I have worked in various sectors of the health insurance,employer and hospital fields and have consider myself somewhat knowledgable about insurance , but this company is an absolute joke.
espically if you have trouble getting health insurance due to a pre existing condition. Wonder how Adova can cover you and your pre existing condition, sounds too good to be true, when other companies have denied you or a family member? They act like they are the answer to your uninsured prayers, when they actually only make money from you. I have since cancelled my premium, but the last time I called somone was to call me back and when I of course did not hear from anyone, I called back to make sure they cancelled, and guess what? They did not have record of me canceling. So I again cancelled. I have also contacted my bank advising NOT to process any further deductions that might try to come from this company.

Consumer.............PLEASE BEWARE.Espically if you are a person trying to obtain insurance due to pre existing condition, this place sounds too good to be true........but I assure you you will not be happy at all with this company. Please try to find other insurance options.. You may have to get a high deductible plan with waivers, but it is better than this joke of a discount/insurance plan.

Angie
wch, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2007 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adova-Health-Consumer-Alliance/Atlanta-Georgia/Adova-Consumer-alliance-Company-portrays-itself-as-insurance-prey-on-pre-existing-cond-274265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adova Health - Consumer Alliance