Complaint Review: Adult Friend Finder - AdultFriendFinder

• Submitted: Thu, December 15, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, December 26, 2008

• Reported By:North Hollywood California
Adult Friend Finder - AdultFriendFinder
http://adultfriendfinder.com/go/p68221c.subadult_friend_finder_US Internet U.S.A.

AdultFriendFinder Adult Friend Finder ripoff Internet

*Consumer Comment: Have never had problems

*Consumer Comment: No spam here and funny pictures

*Consumer Suggestion: AFF does not deliver

*Consumer Comment: Never had a problem

*Consumer Comment: it is a scam

*Consumer Comment: Obviously NOT everyone who's a member gets duped!~

*Consumer Comment: it's not 100% fake

*Author of original report: An update to AFF

*Consumer Comment: I am a customer

*Consumer Suggestion: John is absolutely right

*Consumer Comment: Are you serious?

The Adult friend finder and affiliate sites are major ripoffs! These sites entice you in by phony emails. When responding to ads, most never write back. I have also noticed so many more emails from memebers I have NEVER talked to and they are all the same. They send you to another paysite and tell you to liik them up on that site...

I was a memeber for a period of time and NEVER met anyone. I did get a ton of SPAM and advise NEVER to sue these tyeps of sites. They are filled with ads that have been on there for years. Most of the women on there are so beautiful, there is NO WAY they need to be on a site to find men to date.....

I have read other information on this site about the same type of scams and same type of SPAM.....These sites prey on the lonely men out there who seem to not complain when they have been ripped off!

John
North Hollywood, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2005 05:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adult-Friend-Finder-AdultFriendFinder/internet/AdultFriendFinder-Adult-Friend-Finder-ripoff-Internet-168057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adult Friend Finder - AdultFriendFinder

Have never had problems

AUTHOR: Guyincognito - (U.S.A.)

I have used AFF for years and have never had problems. I have received a couple of emails from people that were obviously fake (they lived out of the country, etc.) but if you restrict your privacy and email preferences this is never a problem. I think I've received 2% of my mail there from spammers, and those have been so obviously fake that it never bothered me. If you are getting inundated with fake emails, it's probably something you could avoid if you took your time to set up some preferences.

I have met numerous REAL people through AFF. I actually think it's one of the best values on the internet, because you KNOW most people are just there to hook-up. Also, their webcams and video introductions can be worth the price of membership themselves.

No spam here and funny pictures

AUTHOR: Tim - (Australia)

I didn't get any spam on the email address I set up for aff. I was contacted by two supposed ladies who gave me their email addresses. I contacted both of them from other email addresses and I've received spam on one of the two accounts.

I've closely looked at the pictures in adult friend finder and out of 20 photos of Australian women that I could id the where the photo was taken, only 2 of the pictures could have been taken in Australia.

To me the site is clearly used to run scams but what isn't clear is just who is doing the scamming. It could be members or it could be the company or both.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AFF does not deliver

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

My wife and I tried AFF for a few months to meet like people.

We paid for, but did not appreciate that it always seemed like we had to pay for some upgrade to communicate with people on different membership levels (what a ripoff).

Of the profiles that we did attempt to contact, we usually got a script message about how the couple is "taking time off, not responding to emails right now" or no reponse at all.

It a total scam. Just go to your local swingers club like we do instead. The door fee is usually hefty, but you are guaranteed to meet real people.

Never had a problem

AUTHOR: L - (U.S.A.)

I have never, ever had a problem with the adultfriendfinder. I have spoken with REAL people, have never received any spam either. I like the site, and will continue to be a member. Maybe there are more problems for men as far as bots etc. and to me this complaint site just seems to be the typical male reaction. waa waa waa. Guys, get a life.

it is a scam

AUTHOR: Christopher - (U.S.A.)

I gotta say that 2/3rds of the women on there are fake. bbwsexdates is also a scam

Obviously NOT everyone who's a member gets duped!~

AUTHOR: Leslie - (U.S.A.)

Maybe it's just a California thing, I don't know. B/c here in GA the ppl that I know of and have social gatherings with from time to time (MALE and female) all met off of AFF without any hassles or issues. Just b/c I haven't encountered any of the b.s. others have encountered doesn't mean that I am an ex or current employee of AFF. IMO I don't think it matters if you're male or female...I'm sure it happens to both. I'm just saying it hasn't ever happened to ME.

John thank you for saying it's not 100% fake!~ Maybe, being that it's coming from a MAN it will hold more weight. LOL

it's not 100% fake

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I've been a customer with AFF before and I would have to say it's not 100% fake. I have talked to ladies in my area, gone out on a date (1) and even got laid :) However, I would agree with the threads stating most women are fake setup by bots or scripts and I did have to send out 176 emails to get 4 ladies that were real in my area to chat with.

I didn't encounter any spam... don't know what problems you had with that. The site says not to give out your email or go to any site in your AFF inbox.....

An update to AFF

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Since Leslie says she isn't having a problem, she might be the only REAl PERSON ON THAT SITE....AND SINCE SHE IS FEMALE, SHE ISN'T THE ONE THAT GETS ALL THE BOGUS AND FAKE EMAILS....IF SHE WERE A MAN, SHE WOULD UNDERTSNAD THIS SITE SUCKS! ON TOP OF THAT, EVER SINCE I POSTED THIS REPORT, I GOT A TON OF SPAM ALL DIRECTED TO SEX SITES.....I AM SURE IT'S NOT A COINCIDENCE....I ALSO RECEIVED SOME MORE SPAM FROM WOMEN THAT SAID WE SPOKE ON THE INTERNET WHICH IS COMPLETELY FALSE..I WOULD REMEMBER THAT FORSURE....OH WELL, SHE MIGHT JUST BE WORKING ALONG WITH THE WEB SITE AND DON'T TRUST ANY ADULT WEBSITE WITH FREE MEMBERSHIP....

I am a customer

AUTHOR: Leslie - (U.S.A.)

Maybe I should have stated the following-I have been a customer since 2002 and have NEVER received spam or fake replies (both being a paid and standard member). Although I understand the issue, I just haven't EVER encountered those issues nor have I had ANY problems out of that site for the past 3yrs.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

John is absolutely right

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

And it is clear that Leslie has never been a customer of that site. I was a customer for 5 months. What a joke!

Most of the profiles ARE fake ansd you get pounded with messages by spam bots that direct you to other paid sites and services.

AdultFriend Finder is worse than Yahoo or AOL sponsored sites with the only exception being that you are paying dearly for AFF!

My favort part of the scam is where they let in FREE standard members, but you cannot communicate with the standard members even if you are a gold member unless you pay an additional 29.95 per month to allow standard members to contact you!

Why not just make the standard members pay! That is because BOTS don't have credit cards!

Are you serious?

AUTHOR: Leslie - (U.S.A.)

How is it that you are receiving spam? Adultfriendfinder and friendfinder have spam blockers already set in place so that all junk mail is not put into your email box. Many times when ppl don't get responses from the ppl they contact it usually has something to do with that person. Meaning there was no attraction, or maybe the person is no longer looking for anyone.