Complaint Review: Adult Friend Finder - Friendfinder

• Submitted: Thu, January 20, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, November 05, 2010

• Reported By:Canton Michigan
Adult Friend Finder - Friendfinder
445 Sherman Ave, Suite C Palo Alto, California U.S.A.

Adult Friend Finder webmaster affiliate ripoff Palo Alto California

*General Comment: FriendFinder Scam

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: 4 years later.. same scam.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The more you send the less you make, a total rip-off!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: They Shave ALL of their affiliates

This is for all adult webmasters out there, Adultfriendfinder's webmaster affiliate program is a big ripoff! I joined this program months ago and sent them all kinds of traffif, I sent them over 60,000 unique visitors and ranked up over 13,000, then one DAY! ALL GONE!!! I get an email from them saying I have been partaking in SPAM Abuse! when I have not sent out a single email to anyone!. They told me my account would be banned and that my monies would be forfited. I've been trying to get a return email from them for weeks now!. Now I have placed it into my lawyers hands!.

Webmasters don't join this program, it is a scam!. They wait untill you request a payout then 2 weeks later they send you an email saying your account is banned!.

No more. I'm pulling all traffic links from my sites!.

Adult Friend Finder your a SHAM, and I hope you goto jail for ripping people (webmasters off).

Chuck
Canton, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2005 07:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adult-Friend-Finder-Friendfinder/Palo-Alto-California-94306-1828/Adult-Friend-Finder-webmaster-affiliate-ripoff-Palo-Alto-California-128324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adult Friend Finder - Friendfinder

#1 General Comment

FriendFinder Scam

AUTHOR: Jfoley21 - (United States of America)

Same exact thing happened to me last night. I was sending friendfinder.com around 200-300 visitors a day for about a month. I was even collecting the members IPs through my site first before they submitted to friendfinders form. That scam of a company was lying about the unique IP addresses I was sending them - that should have been my first hint. Then they sent me an email last night saying they wouldn't be paying me for what they owe me. I really can't believe companies like this get away with this stuff..

Has anyone pursued a lawsuit against the company yet?

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

4 years later.. same scam.

AUTHOR: Agon - (USA)

WHY? Why is this STILL going on?

After FOUR YEARS, same tactics...

Will anyone step up to stop the deceptive trade practices of AFF ?

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

The more you send the less you make, a total rip-off!

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

The Adult Friend Finder affiliate program is a total rip-off! I first advertised them when they still had under 10,000 members. They accused me falsely of spam as well. I felt they did it because they hadn't yet started making serious money. They didn't want to pay out a check. I had heard I was reported by yahoo.com themselves. I had noticed that at exactly the same time yahoo.com picked them up and started advertising adult friend finder. I was sure yahoo.com picked up the adult friend finder website threw my affiliate link. From knowing this I could understand it was a good reason for them to call me spam. LOL

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

They Shave ALL of their affiliates

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

Friend Finder pays only a fraction of what they should and rips off affiliates every day. Here is just one example:

They say they will pay for rebills. Everyone assumes this means they pay for recurring month-to-month billings. This is actually not the case. Here is a real world example from the traffic I sent them:

User 1: Signs up in May and Cancels in December. (1 upgrade)

User 2: Signs up for the first time in February (1 upgrade), then cancels in Marchthen re-upgrades in June (2 Upgrades), cancels in July, then Re-upgrades (3 Upgrades), in August and cancels in September.

I was paid for three upgrades for User 2 and only one upgrade for User 1. The problem is that User 2 represents like one user in 100,000 where User 1 is the overwhelming norm.

The Friend Finder Affiliate Managers are taught to identify the affiliates that have not been sending much traffic lately and call out to them to tell them that they will be losing all of their rebills if they do not continue to promote the program. The webmasters continue to do so as they don't understand what a small amount of unlikely money they are losing. Then, the entire Friend Finder company laughs to the bank at the expense of hard working webmasters like us!