Complaint Review: Adult Friend Finder

• Updated: Sun, September 15, 2013

• Reported By: spock — Evansville Indiana
Adult Friend Finder
, Select State/Province USA

Adult Friend Finder Advertised individual profile view for $2.95, charged premium membership for $179.10 Nationwide

*Author of original report: Owner contemptuous of his customers

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: How Stupid Are You

Adult Friend Finder sent me an email indicating a couple had shown interest in my profile (I used to subscribe).  I clicked on the link and a page came up showing a few small pictures of the couple and just below, in bold letters: View onlytime68's full profile for $2.95 – or upgrade to Gold for full access!  I figured 2.95 was small change so clicked on the Order button near the bottom of the page.  Then another page came up confirming that I had been charged $179.10 for a 12 months premium membership.

I back buttoned and discovered three check boxes, with the top one, the apparent default, being Gold Membership --unlimited access at 9.95/month for 12 months + 6 months free billed at 179.10.  There was NO button for the $2.95 I thought I was being charged to view that member's full profile for a month, plus the $179.10 is $9.95 times 18, so they were NOT charging for 12 months with 6 months free. They were charging for the full 18 months.  Hence that page was doubly deceptive.  They didn't even have an option for the $2.95 charge advertised at the top of the page, and the box they had checked lied about being for a year with 6 months free.

I contacted them by phone, said I did NOT want a premium membership, and the person I talked to, whose foreign accent was difficult to understand, said I would be refunded the $179.10 in 5 to 7 business days, because that's their refund policy.  I frankly don't trust them to do what they say, and even if they're being honest about the refund making me wait 5 to 7 days for a refund for a charge that was made by mistake and deception only moments befoe is asinine.  I intend to dispute this charge as soon as my bank opens Monday morning and hopefully have it reversed.  I will NEVER do business with these SOBs again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2013 07:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adult-Friend-Finder/Select-StateProvince/Adult-Friend-Finder-Advertised-individual-profile-view-for-295-charged-premium-members-1084644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adult Friend Finder

Owner contemptuous of his customers

AUTHOR: spock - ()

What a jacka**.  Has only contempt for the people he sells to, and blames the customer for getting ripped off.  Only confirms what a crook he is.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

How Stupid Are You

AUTHOR: SaintQuinn - ()

This is what you get for being a dumb pervert.....