Complaint Review: Adult Friend Finder

• Updated: Tue, July 16, 2013

• Reported By: Bill — Somewhere Alabama
Adult Friend Finder
220 Humboldt Court Sunnyvale, California USA

Adult Friend Finder / AFF / Friend Finder Networks False Accusations Against Customers, Demanding Private Information Sunnyvale California

I was a long time user of AFF's service and never had a problem. Then one day I was temporarily banned from their chat service for allegedly posting contact information from another online service. Knowing I had not done so, I challenged the ban and asked for evidence of their claim. They ran me around in circles, never actually identifying any such contact information. They showed me chat logs, but it was all ordinary discussion. Not one line contained what they said I was banned for.

After further back and forth and not getting anywhere, I decided to call their customer service department. The auto-attendant system repeatedly told me how important my call was and asked that I remain on the line. Eventually, it started ringing as if connecting me to someone. The ringing continued for some time before it was answered by a muffled woman's voice who, while apparently a native English speaker, was clearly not hired for her speaking skills. She asked what service I was calling about, what my handle was, and then asked for my password. I refused to answer that, and she refused to talk to me unless I did. So I hung up.

There are many ways to identify a person's identity and only one reason to ask for someone's password. I emailed customer support one last time about this particular point. They apologized for my upset, but otherwise said nothing. The password thing is clearly condoned by the organization.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adult-Friend-Finder/Sunnyvale-California-94089/Adult-Friend-Finder-AFF-Friend-Finder-Networks-False-Accusations-Against-Customers-D-1067519. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adult Friend Finder