sum

• Submitted: Sun, May 17, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, March 14, 2010

• Reported By:Greenville South Carolina
Adult Friend Finder
http://adultfriendfinder.com/go/p634078.subadultfriendfinder_largeaccount_b Internet U.S.A.

Adult Friend Finder False Charges Internet

*Consumer Comment: AFF is a scam

*Consumer Comment: OP is just unlucky.

Apparently Adult Friend Finder is charging my credit card $17.85 long after I'd cancelled my account with them. This site has become a total rip off and needs to be shut down. I joined AFF once before a few years ago and actually kind of liked it. I even met someone from there and we had a good time together. Skip ahead three or four years and this site thinks it has a license to steal. I should've known something was up when I clicked silver membership and it charged me for a gold. But, I thought it was my mistake and let it go. Just in case, I turned the auto-renew feature to off so I wouldn't be charged further. Then, I just happened to check my credit card activity a couple of days ago and I see a charge for $17.85 from a company called BILLFF.com at 650-847-3100. This seems to be an Adult Friend Finder company. Now, I have to cancel my card and be issued a new one or AFF will keep charging me whether I cancel with them or not. This will be the second time in 6 months I've had to do this. The other time I was ripped off by a company called megaupload___another company that charges your card and gives you nothing. Before this year, I'd never had a single problem with purchases made online. Now, I don't know who to trust. I've found out that a good indicator that you're dealing with a ripoff is when you complete the transaction but no receipt of the charges is sent to your email. This happened with both megaupload and AFF.

Tracygalvin
Greenville, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2009 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adult-Friend-Finder/internet/Adult-Friend-Finder-False-Charges-Internet-452687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adult Friend Finder

AFF is a scam

AUTHOR: pissedoffuser - (United States of America)

I had the same problem. I cancelled a day before my membership was up and those thieves still charged me.

OP is just unlucky.

AUTHOR: Casualencounters - (U.S.A.)

I have had two accounts on AFF sites (AFF and bondage.com) and I've never had any of the billing issues that OP claims to have had. Cancelling her CC to stop it being charged is just ridiculous. Just email them and they'll stop charging you.

More details about my AFF experience here: http://casualencounters.com/blog/2009/03/02/paid-adult-dating-site-review-adult-friendfinder/