Complaint Review: Adult Friend Finder

• Reported By:Kingsville Texas
Adult Friend Finder
Adultfriendfinder.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Adult Friend Finder ripoff fraudulent billing Palo Alto California

I joined this site a couple of years ago, and actually had a decent experience on it, but the problems I encountered overshadowed everything else, and I chose to end my membership.

Just last month, I thought I might give it a second try to see if customer service had improved. I wasn't terribly surprised to see that things, in fact, had not improved at all. I was smart enough to turn off automatic billing, so I thought I was in the clear.

I recently received an email saying that my membership was about to expire, and that I should make sure I turn on the auto-renew options. But just below that, it listed that I had the auto-renew options turned on. When I logged on to the site to terminate my membership, it sent me to datematch.com. Initially, I thought I had a problem with my browser, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I've managed to make it to the AFF site, but none of the links work, including (most conveniently) the "contact us" link. This was true for both the AFF website, and the datematch.com website. I have contacted my credit card company, which is about all I can do for now. Just be advised that this is a complete scam, and you'd be doing yourself a HUGE favor to stay well clear of any of the friend-finder sites...

Kingsville, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2005 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adult-Friend-Finder/nationwide/Adult-Friend-Finder-ripoff-fraudulent-billing-Palo-Alto-California-125897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adult Friend Finder