• Report: #201237

• Submitted: Sat, July 15, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, June 04, 2007

• Reported By:Tucson Arizona
Adult FriendFinder
445 Sherman Ave, Suite C Palo Alto, California U.S.A.

Adult FriendFinder, Various Inc Bogus profiles created to keep you interested. Palo Alto California

*Consumer Comment: Robert... use your imagination here... please.

*Consumer Comment: Sure...try to keep your story straight

*Consumer Suggestion: Inept men

For any gold or silver members on Adult FriendFinder, I advise you to try the following:

1) Create and save a search with your default options and using "any" distance from my location. For the purposes of this little enlightenment tutorial I suggest limiting the search to members who have visited within one week.

2) Create and save a second search using all of the same criteria s the first except for the location. In this search pick a city or zip code that is quite far from you (1000 miles or more), also limiting it to memebers who have visited within one week.

3) Run search 1 and note how many matches you get, and maybe even some of the names.

4) Run search 2 and note the matches.

When I perform this little test, my first search returned 8 matches, and the second search with the same criteria, different location returned 3. If distance is "ANY" then shouldn't the same list appear? Hmmmm.

Just one of the may inconsistencies I found in the month that I paid this ripoff firm.

I also noticed that even though my account was set to expire two days after checking my billing information on the site, they had already tried to bill me for the next month. I emailed them and called their customer service to have the charges reversed and to let my account expire. I received an email stating that a credit will appear on my credit card within 7-14 business days depending on the credit card company policies. BE VERY CAREFUL THAT AUTO-RENEW IS TURNED OFF FOR ALL FEATURES YOU ORDERED AND CHECK, LIKE I DID, A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE EXPIRATION DATE!!

During my month of experience with this company I found the same picture on profiles from Mexico, Peru, and the US. When I called them out on it in email, they assured me the memebrs had been identified and their profiles deleted, but it is my suspicion that the locations and names were just changed so they wouldn't show up on my searches, so they can hook some other poor sucker.

Sent out 75 emails, received one real response, but hey that doesn't prove anything does it? You be the judge ... since it appears this company will never see a real judge!

Phil
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2006 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adult-FriendFinder/Palo-Alto-California-94306/Adult-FriendFinder-Various-Inc-Bogus-profiles-created-to-keep-you-interested-Palo-Alto-C-201237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adult FriendFinder

Robert... use your imagination here... please.

AUTHOR: Sue - (U.S.A.)

Quote from Robert who was quoting the woman defending AFF.....

She said (second of her 2 comments): 'I don't belong to these sites because I'm a woman of great virtue. I like sex but I won't do it with complete strangers.'

He said: "These two statements negate each other."

ummmmm Robert, buddy..... I think she was being sarcastic. LOL
looks as though she was saying that she isnt a woman of virtue.. but she will not just go and screw people who she hasnt had some background on.

Now, go back and read her comments... add a little sarcasm and voila'! there you will see her complete thought... she is calling herself a slut, perhaps? hehehehe

Sure...try to keep your story straight

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

"First, I have belonged to AFF as a Silver member in the past and am currently a paid member of Alt.com, another Various, Inc., dating site. I have dated many different men from these sites."

"I don't belong to these sites because I'm a woman of great virtue. I like sex but I won't do it with complete strangers."

These two statements negate each other.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Inept men

AUTHOR: Joanna - (U.S.A.)

I receive and ignore many emails and winks from men. They all make the same mistakes.

First, no picture. Rarely do I reply to a no pic profile. He had best write really well if he wants my attention. He should write well if he does have a pic!

Continueing with that thought, I want to see a picture of a man's face, not his genitals which many men post. A profile that actually tells me something about them is a must.

I don't belong to these sites because I'm a woman of great virtue. I like sex but I won't do it with complete strangers. Most women want to be wooed, and I'm no exception.

You can't blame Various for men lacking in social skills.