- Report: #201237
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Adult FriendFinder
Adult FriendFinder445 Sherman Ave, Suite C Palo Alto, California U.S.A.
Adult FriendFinder, Various Inc Bogus profiles created to keep you interested. Palo Alto California
*Consumer Comment: Robert... use your imagination here... please.
*Consumer Comment: Sure...try to keep your story straight
*Consumer Suggestion: Inept men
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) Create and save a search with your default options and using "any" distance from my location. For the purposes of this little enlightenment tutorial I suggest limiting the search to members who have visited within one week.
2) Create and save a second search using all of the same criteria s the first except for the location. In this search pick a city or zip code that is quite far from you (1000 miles or more), also limiting it to memebers who have visited within one week.
3) Run search 1 and note how many matches you get, and maybe even some of the names.
4) Run search 2 and note the matches.
When I perform this little test, my first search returned 8 matches, and the second search with the same criteria, different location returned 3. If distance is "ANY" then shouldn't the same list appear? Hmmmm.
Just one of the may inconsistencies I found in the month that I paid this ripoff firm.
I also noticed that even though my account was set to expire two days after checking my billing information on the site, they had already tried to bill me for the next month. I emailed them and called their customer service to have the charges reversed and to let my account expire. I received an email stating that a credit will appear on my credit card within 7-14 business days depending on the credit card company policies. BE VERY CAREFUL THAT AUTO-RENEW IS TURNED OFF FOR ALL FEATURES YOU ORDERED AND CHECK, LIKE I DID, A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE EXPIRATION DATE!!
During my month of experience with this company I found the same picture on profiles from Mexico, Peru, and the US. When I called them out on it in email, they assured me the memebrs had been identified and their profiles deleted, but it is my suspicion that the locations and names were just changed so they wouldn't show up on my searches, so they can hook some other poor sucker.
Sent out 75 emails, received one real response, but hey that doesn't prove anything does it? You be the judge ... since it appears this company will never see a real judge!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2006 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adult-FriendFinder/Palo-Alto-California-94306/Adult-FriendFinder-Various-Inc-Bogus-profiles-created-to-keep-you-interested-Palo-Alto-C-201237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.