Complaint Review: Adult Work

• Submitted: Fri, October 26, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 14, 2012

• Reported By: Shannon — Scunthorpe Internet United Kingdom
Adult Work
Villa Wied Florina FL6 Triq il Kantra XLN 1310, Xl Internet United States of America

Adult Work AWS Affiliate World Systems International Limited Rip off Scam to steal your money, Internet

*Consumer Comment: update

*Consumer Comment: ripoff adultwork

*UPDATE Employee: So you say ...

To keep me off the streets and work in a safe enviroment a group of friends and myself joined the Adult Work site which promises to give us this safety. Hey all was running fine I created my profile, created a private gallery and so did my friends. We also created a group lice a copoerative so the clients would see us all advertised. As myself I generated a lot of interest and sales to my private gallery went into the hundreds of credits. 1 = 1 credit on the site.

I was happy and went to cash in my credits only to find that they took 30% admin charge to exchange to cash. When this initial anger had faded I thought I would take what I could get. But then they deleted my profile and I have to send them in a copy of my passport etc. There was no mention when signing up that you had to do this only that it was recommended. So now they have my credits. I feel robbed. Especialy as you can not email them to discuss the issue or call them.

Then the same happend to my friends 1 by one and none of us have been paid our credits. It seesm that Adult Work is scamming the vunerable. A friend of ours looked into this to try contact Adult work but could only find that it was run by a UK indevidual who has set up an offshore company that was in South America but now in Malta and the money goes to a bank account in Cyprus. So not only ripping people off but also avoiding UK tax.

Another friend did verify her passport and sold over 200 worth of items in the marketplace. The sales also use site credits. She has sent the items to customers but Adult work told her the funds were in an escrow for 7 days. Her account was closed and she never got paid her credits.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2012 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Adult-Work/internet/Adult-Work-AWS-Affiliate-World-Systems-International-Limited-Rip-off-Scam-to-steal-your-mo-960501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Adult Work

update

AUTHOR: Midlands Live - ()

ok part of the situation as now been addressed and sorted theres still some outstanding and hopefully it will be sorted overnight as they seen that i am the photographer now as i sent them the model release form theres two accounts still under dispute but as they took the evidence on one im hoing they will on the other two i post here whatever happens

ripoff adultwork

AUTHOR: Midlands Live - ()

im a photographer and a number of ladies came to me for images and said they like to earn extra money so i did suggest to a few that they join adultwork but they didnt want there partners/husbands knowing so i set up the accounts at mine and they accessed them from there and made appointments etc they added my images and all was fine till we had a young lady who is 18, 19 in jan 2014 she obviously got a lot of interst and her account was banned she wasnt happy and had a go at me and we set up other accounts each was banned we now fell out and even though adultworks know full well the accounts are mine they insist i get amys id so im losing 400 - 500 pounds so i agree they r ripping ppl off i may set up a free site as adultworks are the pimps running this and ripping ppl off and i think something should be done i intend to write to my MP later as y should they be allowed to keep our money

So you say ...

AUTHOR: AdultWork.com Webmaster - (United States of America)

AdultWork.com is targetted by tens of people creating fake profiles on a daily basis.

As the OP has stated, it is very simple to create a profile, add some pictures and start earning an income.  Many people make it their living doing exactly this with content stolen off other websites or without permission of the people featured.

When we encounter profiles that have images taken from other websites or with a mix of people appearing (no continuity) etc. then yes, the profile will be taken down and the owner asked to provide some evidence that they are the person pictured or permitted to use the pictures, by way of a model release form.

Based on your report, you failed to provide such information.

If you would like to gain access to your profiles or funds, simply provide the requested information as detailed in the emails you were sent at the time your profile(s) were removed.

Alternatively, seek a dialogue with our support department via the Site's Help Center.

http://www.adultwork.com/Ask - please read this page fully as it details how to get in touch and leave a custom message if no articles pertain to your specific issue.

Members that choose to sell items via the Site do not receive the credits until 7 days after they have confirmed the item was despatched.  This gives the recipient time to receive the item and notify us of any problem with the received goods.

Guess what - tens of people use the Marketplace to launder money, stolen goods and all sorts of other things.  Having this 7 day window in place helps us combat those who seek to defraud the Site and it's membership.

We have no interest in retaining funds earned legitimately, it would be counter productive to do so.

In this day and age of prevalent cybercrime and online deception, we believe it reasonable to request evidence and ID of rights and title to pictures when we believe there is some question regarding the authenticity of them or intentions of the profile owner.

The actions to which you have been subjected are described in full in our Terms of Use, to which you consented when registering.