Complaint Review: AdultFriendFinder.com

• Updated: Tue, April 30, 2002

• Reported By:
AdultFriendFinder.com
Nationwide U.S.A.

AdultFriendFinder.com ripoff, got the money but no service *REBUTTALS ..customer support is a huge priority

Friendfinder joins Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy, Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program - Read about FriendFinders commitment to customer satisfaction... implementing new safeguards to stop some customer abuse using friendfinder network, millions of satisfied members..

*Consumer Suggestion: I've had none of the problems described here...

*0: I have been a member for over a year

*0: I too signed up for a gold membership (thankfully for just one month)

*0: I have constnatly reported problems about the system but have never had any email or letter of apology

*0: I also experienced problems with AFF

*0: Quality customer support is a huge priority for our company

*0: Try the lonestar, or maybe a "dinah".

*0: nobody has ever wrote back.

*0: ..many satisfied customers

I subscribed to a 3-month membership at AdultFriendFinder.com, and am now unable to actually get onto the site. They go the money and no service. Profits From Loneliness and rip you off to boot.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AdultFriendFindercom/nationwide/AdultFriendFindercom-ripoff-got-the-money-but-no-service-REBUTTALS-customer-support-i-5742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AdultFriendFinder.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I've had none of the problems described here...

AUTHOR: Audrey - ()

I joined AFF at the beginning of February of this year, yet did not purchase a 'silver' or 'gold' membership. I, unlike the seemingly many people who have, have not had any problems with the service.

I have actually met 7 men, and have really hit it off with 3 of them. I do not believe they restrict mail from going to where it is sent, who really has time to do all of that?? I receive emails on an almost daily basis...sometimes one, most times more, and i've never had problems with my emails getting to those i send them to.

I'm sorry that so many people have had difficulties with the AFF system. I have experienced nothing wrong with it so far.

#2 0

I have been a member for over a year

Their email: intrepid45@home.com
Their name: Rod

Their relationship to the company: Supporter

Rebuttal:

I have been a member for over a year and after
hundreds of emails written by me to supposedly
other individuals, I can honestly say I have never
met anyone and the emails I do get back are one
liners just as though one or a few people were
trying to maintain some crediblity on behalf of
the company. I am not saying it is an employee,
owner or affiliates of the company but I have very
strong suspiscions that this is likely the case.

This Company is directly linked to EXCITE and
Blind Date and these are linked to others of which
I am not prepared to say. It all boils down to
dollars and the idiots that want to waste them and
I put myself at the top of that list. If you want
to meet somebody for whatever reason try some small
independent local papers and run an ad for
a week or two. This adultfriendfinder and all the
other friendfinders that it is linked to has not
paid off in any way shape or form, save your money

I have even seen a woman post a message to the
same extent on her personal ad within the members
listings. This is a ripoff and I would like to
know of "real members " from anywhere besides
cyberland that have actually met a real breathing
person......Take it from there, it's your money !

#3 0

I too signed up for a gold membership (thankfully for just one month)

Their email: tymme_zinni@yahoo.com

Their name: Tim

Rebuttal:

I'll jump on the bandwagon with this one. I too signed up for a gold membership (thankfully for just one month), and it was marked as such on my login page but never let me do anything as a gold member. I emailed them and told them how it owrked, they said refresh my browser and give it 24 hrs, and reply back if there were still probs. Still the same thing, so I replied back. Told them I'd done what the email (attached) had said

to do, still no result. Got a response back that told me to do the exact same thing again, when I told them that's what I'd done in the included email in my original reply. Replied again to tell them this and never got a response. Never worked either. Just droppped it, made sure it was cancelled, and left it go.

#4 0

Their email: Baynes@fulmarview.freeserve.co.uk

Their name: Roger Baynes

Rebuttal:

I have constnatly reported problems about the system but have never had any email or letter of apology for all the problems that I have faced over the last several months.

These include lack of help from customer support after paying out your money, on numerous occasions my data had been destroyed only for them to say this became corrupt.

Again after stating endlessly about who I am looking for have had the opposite happen thus men writing to me people from the Americas and other countries abroad.

Again one day when going into my data I was annoyed only to find another person had taken my private and personal login number whilst there other channel friendfinder denies me any upgrade.

Also another dating channel of theres called AltFriendfinders keeps on emailing me after I had stopped my account with them which was along time ago again which annoys me a lot.

Yours Sincerely

Roger Baynes

Rog4629 of Adultfriendfinder and also Rog4648 of Friendfinder

#5 0

I also experienced problems with AFF

Their email: mrtboneman@msn.com

Their name: Tony Frederick

Their relationship to the company: Devotee

Rebuttal:

I also experienced problems with AFF. If you join a variety of Adult Web Sites affiliated with AFF, you can receive a one month AFF Gold Membership for each site that you join. I joined two of the sites with the sole purpose of extending my Gold Membership for two more months. However, this never happened, and my membership was reverted back to standard.

However, after several EMails to different departments in AFF, my Gold Membership was reinstated and they gave me an extra free month for the aggravation/frustration incurred. Patience is a virtue; especially when dealing with a company that has more than 5 million customers.

TonyFrederick

#6 0

Quality customer support is a huge priority for our company

Their email: stepheng@friendfinderinc.com

Their name: Stephen G.

Their relationship to the company: Owner

Dear Mr. V-,

I apologize for your frustration.

Quality customer support is a huge priority for our company.

Unfortunately, in our attempt to give excellent service to our many satisfied customers, occasionaly something will be overlooked. I'd be glad to look into your problem and attempt to resolve it within 24 hrs., if you could email the details.

Thanks,

stepheng@friendfinderinc.com

#7 0

Try the lonestar, or maybe a "dinah".

Their email: rcampbell7@hotmail.com

Rebuttal:

well, you don't get the most sane of people from Reading, PA - I guess outback just puts one completely over the edge! Try the lonestar, or maybe a "dinah".

#8 0

nobody has ever wrote back.

Their email: Larvtn@aol.com

Their name: Larry Vetrano

Hi,

Have wrote a ton of letters but no nobody has ever wrote back. I

understand that AFF sends out only one letter a day to a paying customer. Doesn't exactly seem fair too me. Sincerely,

Larry

#9 0

..many satisfied customers

Their email: raquel@friendfinderinc.com

Their name: Rakey

Their relationship to the company: Supporter

Rebuttal:

AdultFriendfinder.com offers great services. It even allows people to sign up free of charge. It's the largest adult personals network with many satisfied customers.