Complaint Review: Advameg, Inc or Faqs.org

• Updated: Mon, June 27, 2011

• Reported By: A pissed tenant — Bartow Florida USA
Advameg, Inc or Faqs.org
4 Knollwood Dr. Flossmoor, Illinois United States of America

Advameg, Inc or Faqs.org Posting of private infomation of the decease without permission of immediate family. Flossmoor, Illinois

I was doing a search for a deceased family member of mines on google. When I narrowed down the search to the city and state of my family member I noticed this site called faqs.org. This site was very disturbing to me due to the fact that I swore that social securities numbers was still covered from public record other than for immediate family. And I know that no one gave permission to post that information anywhere.

Contacted Social Security and they gave me some crap saying that once a person is dead that there is no longer any privacy to personal information can be posted anywhere. Social Securities numbers are tied together with dependents and parents. This is a complete security issue.  When I asked the Social Security rep what is the social security safeguards to if a decease's person social is being used for any reason. He could not answer that question other that I will need to contact a lawyer to advise me on that matter. The most that he done was give me some U.S.C. laws that doesn't state that social security numbers aren't covered under the privacy act once someone is deceased.

I am presently looking into a legal means to handle this whole situation bout on this website and the loophole that Social Security said had no grounds to stop or ensure that this this information wont be used.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2011 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advameg-Inc-or-Faqsorg/Flossmoor-Illinois-60422/Advameg-Inc-or-Faqsorg-Posting-of-private-infomation-of-the-decease-without-permission-745964. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advameg, Inc or Faqs.org