Complaint Review: Advance Auto Parts

• Reported By: Anonymous — Alabama
Advance Auto Parts
100 Main Street Ste 320 Westbrook, Maine USA

Advance Auto Parts False Termination Westbrook Maine

When I applied to the company, I had to drastically lower my income requirements just to be considered, then I get blindsided by the practices of the company.

First, I was merely hired as a "warm body" to fill a position that does not seem to remain filled for more than a year or two at a time. Admittedly the horror stories of past employees make it sound like they were terminated for good reasons, but after what happened to me, I cannot believe most of the tales I was told.

I worked there for a little over two years, and I saw things on a daily basis that made me cringe. Management yelling at customers, customer complaints swept under the rug for anyone in a management position. Employee complaints treated like they were part of a personal vendetta to remove people from their tenured positions. Swift retaliation for anyone who did make reports, in the form of belittling and public shaming.

Employees who have mutliple customer compliments never receive them; instead they are sent to management and worded as though they were the ones the customer was praising. The only thing an employee gets is a "free lunch," if it goes through corporate, or it is down-played to the customer like it is something management never hears, and never expects.

If a customer does have a concern or a complaint, at least in this store, management seems to need to either call another store for how to handle the problem, or they refuse to get involved at all. On several occasions I not only needed to handle the problem with no management oversight. I also on several occasions had to calm customers down after they have been enraged by the manager on duty who had just finished telling them to go to another store if they wanted their money back for a return or they were told that refunds were at the discretion of managment who decided they would not receive one.

The people they put in positions of authority are not qualified to hold their ranks. No training exists to teach them how to handle more than the day to day duties of running the store, let alone good customer service! Immaturity, temper tantrums and outright near fist-fights were an almost daily occurrence!

I was terminated after a supposed complaint came in about me doing something that was completely out of character, and managment knew this. No follow-up was made to ask my recollection of events. No witnesses were questioned, and all they based their determination on was "we need to get rid of you." No details were given as to what was actually said by the customer, and I had to draw out of them exactly what the situation was they were referring to. When I finally did, all they allowed me to do was take a copy of the termination report, put in a short statement at the end of the form, then I was sent home.

Due to these actions, I cannot collect unemployment and as I have no other income options, this is doubly unfair.

I caution anyone who reads this and wants to work at this location. Unless you are a friend of management, or apparently a male since the GM said they would never hire another female, you will never be considered anyway.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2013 07:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advance-Auto-Parts/Westbrook-Maine/Advance-Auto-Parts-False-Termination-Westbrook-Maine-1084177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advance Auto Parts