Complaint Review: Advance Auto Parts

• Reported By: stx — Maryland
Advance Auto Parts
web address Internet USA

Advance Auto Parts Rebate Scam Internet

I purchased headlights which were part of a rebate program, and completed the rebate requirements online. Four months later, my rebate (an American Express gift card) has not arrived. The rebate company's phone menu will not let me proceed to a live person, saying that I have not entered the correct phone number. Advance Auto Parts' customer service guy was extremely stressed on the phone, saying that only the rebate company can answer questions regarding the rebate program. I asked him for a supervisor or the headquarters, and he replied that he was at headquarters. I asked for a supervisor and told him that the rebate company is committing fraud, which I believe Advance Auto Parts' headquarters should be aware of. He repeated that I need to contact the rebate company. I told him the rebate company is non-responsive, and he told me that's not fruad. He then transferred me, without replying to my question, to the rebate company's never-ending phone menu. I have had $28 stolen by this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2013 01:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advance-Auto-Parts/internet/Advance-Auto-Parts-Rebate-Scam-Internet-1051194. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advance Auto Parts