Complaint Review: Advance Resources

• Submitted: Wed, September 07, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, September 07, 2011

• Reported By: Catherine — Washington New Jersey U.S.A.
Advance Resources
21 West 45th Street, New York, NY West Palm Beach FLorida, Florida United States of America

Advance Resources Mark Figurski of Advance Resources, Mark Figurski, a headhunt in florida called my job ad on Craiglist to interview me for a full time job but when I got to interview the owner was late 2 hrs and I lost the opportunity to meet with a 2n West Palm Beach, Florida

On August 19, 2011 I was contacted by Mark Figurski of Advance Resources in West Palm Beach Florida, #(561) 746-7939 email: advanceresources@comcast.net who was shilling for a man named STEVEN ROBINS who owed several restaurants in Westchester where he lived and now had a make shift office in downtown manhattan where he rented out a list of Real Estate Properties to tourists visiting Manhattan for short periods of time. His office was filled to the brim with 1099 employees who all had their own businesses yet I was there interviewing for a full time staff job with benefits or so I thought.

At first Mark Figurski told me the job range for salary was $50-$60 and I told him I only wanted $60 with benefits. When I went to the interview in latter part of August it was that Friday of Hurricane Irene hitting the city and it was rainy and terrible. I sat waiting for Steve Robins for 2 hours and had to postpone an interview for a part time position which I could not reschedule later because they had already hired someone for the 1 day job. It's hard these days and I have to jump on everything I can to get work. At the interview with Steve Robins he told me that he already had something he was firing and wanted a full time person but he didn't want to pay that much and there were no benefits. I said I didn't want the job without benefits.

Another week goes by - and back and forth calls with Mark Figurski and I didn't speak with Steve Robins ever again; only through Mark Figurski, which is absurd at this stage of the game. That week after the hurricane was Labor Day week and Mark told me that Steve offered me part time $1000 dollars for the week. I don't work for $25/hour and I have other clients so I didn't want to work for him exclusively because now I didn't trust him and didn't understand why the job specs kept changing.  Tuesday, 9/6 Mark asked me for a 2nd interview and didn't know what Steve had in mind. I declined going because I didn't know what it was for and why it couldn't be done on phone. Mark tells me I talked my way out of a full time job for $60,000 dollars with benefits? I don't believe him and I think this is a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2011 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advance-Resources/West-Palm-Beach-FLorida-Florida-/Advance-Resources-Mark-Figurski-of-Advance-Resources-Mark-Figurski-a-headhunt-in-florida-773942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advance Resources