Complaint Review: Advanced Auto Parts

• Reported By: Skyking75 — Orange Park Florida USA
Advanced Auto Parts
472 Blanding Blvd Orange Park, Florida United States of America

Advanced Auto Parts Do not honor Battery Warranty Orange Park, Florida

I was getting ready to drive to work one morning and my car would not start. I jumped it using my battery and off to work I went. I stayed about an hour and then took off from work to head to the dealership. I had recently bought an alternator from the dealer and wanted them to check it out. They performed the tests and came back with Your Battery is bad. I told them I had purchased the battery from Advanced Auto Parts and it was still under warranty. I left the dealership and stopped by Advanced and told them my battery was bad and I needed a replacement under the warranty. They proceeded to hook up a testing device and replied your battery is fine and they would not replace it. I went to Pep Boys the next day and they also said the battery was bad. I left there and went back to Advanced and told them that Pep Boys confirmed the battery was indeed bad. They hooked up the machine and said the meter shows bad but you have a 2 amp draw, and that is whats draining the battery. I went back to the dealer and they said they checked for draws and there were none. So the next day I went to OReillys auto parts and purchased a new battery. That was 3 weeks ago and the car is starting just fine. If I indeed had a draw this battery would have failed also.

It appears to me that advanced auto parts will say anything to not have to honor their warrantys. They will never get a dime of my business ever again and I will pass the word to everybody to stay clear of them and shop elsewhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2009 02:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Auto-Parts/Orange-Park-Florida-32073/Advanced-Auto-Parts-Do-not-honor-Battery-Warranty-Orange-Park-Florida-504649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Auto Parts