Complaint Review: Advanced Care Staffing

• Reported By: Jonathan — West New York New Jersey United States of America
Advanced Care Staffing
266 Broadway Brooklyn, New York United States of America

Advanced Care Staffing DID NOT PAY ME FOR 70+ HRS OF WORK! Brooklyn, New York

I am an RN with a BSN. I was placed through Advanced Care Staffing to work at Kings Harbor Multicare Center. They were nice, at first, bringing me breakfast for my first day of work and such. Till after working 70 + hrs for the nursing home, Kings Harbor Decides to let me go, because I did not do a procedure correctly ( a procedure I had practiced maybe once before: That's another report). Upset, I contacted Advanced Care Staffing, and asked about my compensation for working 70 + hrs at Kings Harbor. They stated to me, that according to the contract I had signed, that I must complete 18 shifts as an RN before I receive orientation pay! There was no clause in this contract that states, if the facility fires/lets you go during orientation, you will not be compensated for orientation.

Maybe this is a scam that Advanced Care Staffing and its Facilities Run to provide the Facilities with short term, low cost Professional Labor! I am a new graduate Nurse, and because of this, I believe they are trying to do this to me!

When i signed the contract, I was under the impression it was a FULL TIME position, NOT a Per Diem Position. Since its a different position, under different circumstances, I am entitled to a new contract, and one was not made up or given to me! How do they expect me, working per diem "as needed", to work 18 shifts before receiving orientation pay! Working 3 days a week, that would mean after 6 weeks of consistent working, as a per diem, I would be entitled to the 2 weeks of orientation pay. Kings Harbor Only employs RNs as charge nurses, so at any given time there is only 3 working RNs in the entire facility. What if they gave me 1 shift of work a week? That would take me 18 weeks ( almost 5 months ) to receive my orientation pay. Working 18 shifts is bogus! So Beware!!!

They placed me as a new graduate, to be the charge nurse of one of the subacute unites in Kings Harbor Multicare Center in the Bronx. They gave me 8 days of orientation, in which 2 days were in a classroom doing paperwork. Six days is too little time to fully orientate a new graduate, and place them in a charge position on a subacute setting.

On top of not compensating you, they will over work you and under orientate you!! Dont Put your license on the line! I worked 70 hard hours and they are avoiding to talk to me on the phone, the secretary is stating that my recruiter and the boss, Mr. Freeman are out of the office or on the other line. I have been calling for over a week now with the same response and this is unacceptable.

Please do not work with this company! I had given up 3 weeks of work with another company, making excellent money, to provide myself with a fulltime position as an RN. They tricked me into leaving that job, then change the title from full time to per diem, and made me work 70 hrs and did not pay me! I commuted from NJ and had to pay 3 weeks worth of gas, tolls, food, and uniforms for not a dime!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2010 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Care-Staffing/Brooklyn-New-York-11211/Advanced-Care-Staffing-DID-NOT-PAY-ME-FOR-70-HRS-OF-WORK-Brooklyn-New-York-563226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Care Staffing