Complaint Review: Advanced Chimney - Michael Steeneck

• Updated: Wed, November 16, 2011

• Reported By: Fred — melville New York United States of America
Advanced Chimney - Michael Steeneck
710-1 Union Parkway Ronkonkoma, New York United States of America

Advanced Chimney - Michael Steeneck These guys are crooks and can not be trusted Ronkonkoma, New York

*Author of original report: Matter Resolved

*UPDATE Employee: Fake and Fraudulent Complaint

I  had just purchased my first house in January 2010 and I called advanced chimney and Michael Steeneck about a leak onto the boiler. I was actually referred from a friend of Michael's. When they showed up they said I needed a new chase cover on the chimney. I paid them $1,000 and there was a lifetime guarentee on their work. 3 Months later the same leak started again. I called Advanced and spoke to Danielle and Jason who were very helpful in sending someone over right away to look at the problem. When their tech told me the chase is completely wrong and installed incorrectly I called advanced back and proceeded to get the run around for the next 2 months. The didn't show up for 7 scheduled appointments and I never received a call from Michael during this whole process. I literally called them 3-4 times per week asking to speak to Michael or what was going to be done to stop the leak. No one at Advanced Chimney had answers. I finally had 3 other chimney companies come in and tell me what was wrong. All 3 concurred that Advanced Chimney, Michael Steeneck and Jason the installer did shoddy work. The chase cover was not only measure incorrectly but they placed it over the existing chase cover that they told me was the problem in the first place. I gave them every opportunity to make good on their screw up. This guy has robbed me and my family and it's time I fight back. If I can prevent one other person from being scammed I feel like I had justice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2011 07:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Chimney-Michael-Steeneck/Ronkonkoma-New-York-11779/Advanced-Chimney-Michael-Steeneck-These-guys-are-crooks-and-can-not-be-trusted-Ronkonko-792552. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Chimney - Michael Steeneck

Matter Resolved

AUTHOR: Fred - (United States of America)

Mike Steeneck has issued me a full refund and resolved the matter

Fake and Fraudulent Complaint

AUTHOR: Advanced Chimney Inc. - (USA)

This complaint/customer is a fake. After a full investigation we have found there was no such transaction, no such person, an incorrect address, incorrect dates, missing and incorrect information and a wrong phone number.

This is a completely fake complaint with fraudulent accusations. This made up story was pasted in here by someone with a personal vendetta. Possibley our competition.

We are currently seeking legal action against these fraudulent statements, We have been in business 15 years, we are fully licensed and insured. We are members of the NCSG and the NFPA. When we put a guarantee on our work, we stand by it.