Complaint Review: Advanced Communications, Inc

• Updated: Tue, July 16, 2013

• Reported By: Ms Ashe — New Orleans Louisiana
Advanced Communications, Inc
130 M Street, NE Washington, Dist of Columbia USA

Advanced Communications, Inc Larry Roberts and Elizabeth Maxwell Told me that my vehicle would be used to advertise a company/business. Send me a check to deposit into my account and once the check cleared to deduct first week pay of $400 and send the balance by Western Union. A day after I followed my credit union sent me a letter stating the check was not honored "REFER TO MAKER". I tried to contact the representative Larry Roberts and he refuse to take my calls. Washington Dist Columbia

I responded to an ad for part-time work on Craiglist for Autowraps using my vehicle to advertise for a business/company. An agent name Larry Roberts replied to my email which explained the terms...$400 a week for a total of 4 weeks. I received a check and was instructed to deposit it into my account and once the check cleared deduct my first week payment and send the balance via Western Union to Elizabeth Maxwell, address 130 M Street NE, Washington, DC 20002. The same day the check cleared and I sent the money my credit union mailed a letter (I got the letter 3 days later) stating the check was returned "REFER TO MAKER". I called Advanced Communications, Inc. and questioned Mr Roberts and told him about the check and also that no one had contacted me about the advertisement/autowrap on my vehicle. He promised to get back to me on both issues. Now everytime I call Advanced Communications, Inc. he won't accept the calls.

I have to pay restitution to my credit union for the check amount $1500. What can I do?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 07:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Communications-Inc/Washington-Dist-of-Columbia-20002/Advanced-Communications-Inc-Larry-Roberts-and-Elizabeth-Maxwell-Told-me-that-my-vehicle-1067372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Communications, Inc