voters

• Updated: Mon, November 05, 2012

• Reported By: David — Newport Beach California United States of America
Advanced Marine Power,INC
927 Newhall Street Costa Mesa, California United States of America

Advanced Marine Power,INC Michelle Fountain Fraud, Scam Artists, Liars, Conartists, Flase Promises, Triple charged me then destroyed our engines Costa Mesa, California

I trusted Michelle Fountain with my engine repair.  I asked for an estimate, they told me it would only be $240 to chrome 4 parts and install them.  That made sense because I had already received a bid elsewhere and they said it was $450 to do the same work. Naturally, I went with the lower guaranteed bid.

When I came to pick up the boat, they said that it cost over $7,612.18 to fix!

They stated they found additional problems that I had authorized repaired.  This wasnt true and the engines were near new with less than 40 hours each.

I told them I never agreed to that and wouldnt pay at which point they got hostile and let their three very large dogs into the office and told me to get out and that I would not get my boat until the job was paid for.  I couldnt believe it.  The next thing I know, there is a mechanics lien on my boat and I ended up having to get a lawyer to intervene. [continued below]....
.....

I should never have signed the blank work order. Big mistake!!! How can these people get away with this kind of thievery?  Well it turns out, after checking with the lawyer, that Michelle Fountain has a RECORD a mile long and has been in and out of trouble as far back as 1984!!!  I guess they will let any criminal own a business these days.

It ended up costing me over $3500 in legal fees and almost 4 months until they finally gave the boat back and removed the lien. I missed the entire summer of boating as a result of these scam artists.
They were good, they really push the were good old Christine folks routine with practiced skill.
Watch out!!!
Dont believe their lies dont make the same mistake I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2012 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Marine-PowerINC/Costa-Mesa-California-92627/Advanced-Marine-PowerINC-Michelle-Fountain-Fraud-Scam-Artists-Liars-Conartists-Flase-965188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Marine Power,INC