Complaint Review: Advanced Marine Power,INC

• Updated: Mon, November 05, 2012

• Reported By: David — Newport Beach California United States of America
Advanced Marine Power,INC
927 Newhall Street Costa Mesa, California United States of America

Advanced Marine Power,INC Michelle Fountain Fraud, Scam Artists, Liars, Conartists, Flase Promises, Triple charged me then destroyed our engines Costa Mesa, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Ridiculous Written report/ Advanced Marine Power, Inc.

I trusted Michelle Fountain with my engine repair.  I asked for an estimate, they told me it would only be $240 to chrome 4 parts and install them.  That made sense because I had already received a bid elsewhere and they said it was $450 to do the same work. Naturally, I went with the lower guaranteed bid.

When I came to pick up the boat, they said that it cost over $7,612.18 to fix!

They stated they found additional problems that I had authorized repaired.  This wasnt true and the engines were near new with less than 40 hours each.
I told them I never agreed to that and wouldnt pay at which point they got hostile and let their three very large dogs into the office and told me to get out and that I would not get my boat until the job was paid for.  I couldnt believe it.  The next thing I know, there is a mechanics lien on my boat and I ended up having to get a lawyer to intervene. [continued below]....

I should never have signed the blank work order. Big mistake!!! How can these people get away with this kind of thievery?  Well it turns out, after checking with the lawyer, that Michelle Fountain has a RECORD a mile long and has been in and out of trouble as far back as 1984!!!  I guess they will let any criminal own a business these days.

It ended up costing me over $3500 in legal fees and almost 4 months until they finally gave the boat back and removed the lien. I missed the entire summer of boating as a result of these scam artists.
They were good, they really push the were good old Christine folks routine with practiced skill.
Watch out!!!
Dont believe their lies dont make the same mistake I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2012 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Marine-PowerINC/Costa-Mesa-California-92627/Advanced-Marine-PowerINC-Michelle-Fountain-Fraud-Scam-Artists-Liars-Conartists-Flase-965188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Marine Power,INC

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Ridiculous Written report/ Advanced Marine Power, Inc.

AUTHOR: Michelle - ()

The report written about us is absolutely not true. The picture of the person who wrote it has never been in our office.  We do not work on gas engines & we certainly do not build exhaust systems or do chroming in our shop.  We perform in shop & mobile repair on diesel engines & generators.  We have been in business for 27 years in the Costa Mesa & Newport Beach area.  These people that wrote this report have absolutely no receipts confirming these accusations they have made. They were upset because I found out what kind of business they were actually running. As for our three angry dogs they are labradors & if they were aggressive we wouldn't bring them to work with us everyday. They are very friendly & happy to see anyone who walks in the door. I, Michelle Fountain do not have any criminal record of any kind. They just made that up.

The reason this report was written about us is because a guy came in to sell us credit card processing service & he lied to me about what company he actually worked for. He kept saying he worked for TransFirst but he didn't.

He was very good at selling his processing service & I actually signed up with him.  He handed me his business card upon leaving & after he left I noticed it had a different business name on it.

I looked his company up & he had gotten in trouble with the police in Arizona for fraudulant behavior & there is a rip-off report written about his company. I immediately called him & cancelled everything with him.

He got more upset when I wrote a rip-off report about him & he left a threatning message on my cell phone. He also called our office & spoke to one of our emplyees & told him that I better watch my back. He also wrote this rip-off report about myself & our company.  I called the police & they took a report & said they were going to pay him a visist.

The rip-off report written is totally fabricated by someone that is out to deceive innocent consumers.  He was just upset because I caught him at it.

I had written a previous rebuttal to this report but I'm not sure what happened to it, so I am updating it with a new one.