Complaint Review: Advanced Marketing Concepts

• Updated: Thu, February 23, 2012

• Reported By: Jackie — New Port Richey Florida United States of America
Advanced Marketing Concepts
6502 Main Street New Port Richey, Florida United States of America

Advanced Marketing Concepts I have been trying to get my last paycheck from this compnay for over a month. They wrote me a bad check that came back. I went and let don know and he has yet to fix it. New Port Richey, Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: They do this to pretty much everyone.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Contact the Dept. of Labor NOW!!!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: This is TYPICAL!!!

I worked for this company for over 3 months when I left due to moving out of the area. I have been trying to get a last paycheck from them for over a month now, when a little over 2 weeks ago they finally wrote me check only for it to come back due to insufficient funds. I went and talked to both Don and Angie who told me to come up the next Monday only for them to take off before I got there(which they have done a few times!!). At this point they haven't returned my calls to try and fix this and I guess their just hoping I forget about, But how unfair it that to me who came in everyday and did my job like I was suppose to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2011 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Marketing-Concepts/New-Port-Richey-Florida-34653/Advanced-Marketing-Concepts-I-have-been-trying-to-get-my-last-paycheck-from-this-compnay-746853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Marketing Concepts

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

They do this to pretty much everyone.

AUTHOR: Spark - (United States of America)

It doesn't matter if you left on good terms or not, they will try to get out of sending you your last paycheck (also, I witnessed what happen to the original poster of this report and everything on here is 100% accurate).

Don and Angie somehow think that they don't need to pay people the money that they worked for - IT'S DISGUSTING!

Know this everyone - your last paycheck must be sent to you the day of the next pay cycle. Don tries to tell people that he has four weeks or something and it's a complete lie.

Call the Department of Labor (and the IRS if necessary) on these complete scumbags.

Don and Angie should be ashamed of themselves. They are some of the worst people I have had the displeasure of knowing.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Contact the Dept. of Labor NOW!!!

AUTHOR: AMC_CURRENT - (USA)

You need to contact the Tampa office of the Dept. of Labor Wage and Hour Division.  They need to know just how many former and current employees are being taken advantage of by Advanced Marketing Concepts.  Until people actually file a formal complaint with them, neither Angie or Don will make things right.  I too, was told to come and pick up my final paycheck only to have the doors locked when I arrived.  We have seen this too many times and it's time the government stepped in and shut these crooks down!

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

This is TYPICAL!!!

AUTHOR: AMC_CURRENT - (USA)

As a former employee myself, let me give you some advice.  Contact the Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division (813-288-1242).  I had to do the same thing because I did not get my final check as well.  In addition, as a salaried employee, I was to be paid for time the office was closed and was not paid.  I contacted the DOL and their agent has taken it from there.  As of today, I am expecting to receive my final paycheck for hours agreed upon as well as 1 day's pay for Thanksgiving (should be 2 since we were closed on Friday as well).

Angie & Don should be ashamed of themselves for the way they run their company and the treatment of employees who served them well and were loyal.  I wish there were criminal charges that could be filed for the lies they have told the DOL with regards to my pay.  The one thing I can count on is that they will get what they have given.

Every former employee needs to contact the Department of Labor so they will do a FULL INVESTIGATION of their practices and levy severe penalties against Advanced Marketing Concepts.