Complaint Review: Advanced Medical Staffing

• Updated: Thu, May 17, 2012

• Reported By: Omar — New York New York United States of America
Advanced Medical Staffing
331 Rutledge St. brooklyn, New York United States of America

Advanced Medical Staffing Sara Gluck Refused to pay final paycheck even after several request that they do so. brooklyn, New York

I have worked for Advanced Medical Staffing for about a month and a half.  It is a medical personnel staffing agency and I was hired by the agency to be a Certified Nursing Assistant at a nursing home.  I decided to leave this job in order to pursue a position that offered higher wages and better working conditions.

Every week I would have my paycheck direct deposited directly into my bank account.  I felt I was doing the right thing by giving the company my notice of resignation a week before I was due to start the new job.  I was told that I wouldn't be needed except for one out of the three shifts that I would have worked and was prepared to work prior to starting the new position.  I was told to only come in for the shift on the following day, which I did.

I was due two days of pay for a total of 14 hours on my last paycheck, which would have been direct deposited on May 9, 2012, but wasn't.  I have been calling the agency in order to get the matter settled, but every time I call I am given the run around.  They have told me that it must have been a mistake at the bank and told me that they were going to call me back when they heard something from the bank.  I gave them two days and followed up.  I called again and was transferred several times. Finally, in my frustration  I requested an email address for someone I could email and explain the situation to I was informed that there was no email address.  Ironically enough, the email address that is listed on their business card does not work (info@amstaffing.org) and if you try to fill out the information contact form at www.advancedmedicalstaffing.com it does not let you send the form either.  So, I have called them a total of five times to have this situation resolved and have been unable to get a hold of person who can assist me.  I realize that it is only a paycheck of around $100, but it is a lot of money to me.

I would really like assistance in receiving my last paycheck and I would urge anyone that is considering using this agency to gain employment to think twice.  The staff has been rude and unprofessional from the beginning.  The day I was to come in for the interview I waited two and a half hours while I watched the person who was supposed to be interviewing me chat on the phone, go get coffee, chat with co-workers and not once did she come over to me, introduce herself or in the end, finally interview me.  She was very rude.  Finally, another hiring manager came over to me and told me she didn't know what was going on with the interview, but gave me my work assignment for my job site (all without even being seen by the person I was supposed to interview with, Sara Gluck)  I have also witnessed someone being screamed at and fired right in front of everyone in the office and everyone waiting to be seen for jobs.  Honestly, please consider another agency if you are a nursing student.  The headaches you will get from this are not worth it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2012 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Medical-Staffing/brooklyn-New-York-11211/Advanced-Medical-Staffing-Sara-Gluck-Refused-to-pay-final-paycheck-even-after-several-requ-884042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Medical Staffing