Complaint Review: Advanced Moving System & TransWorld Moving

• Submitted: Sat, February 01, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, February 01, 2003

• Reported By:Pleasanton California
Advanced Moving System & TransWorld Moving
4582 Hiatus Rd. Sunrise, California U.S.A.

Advanced Moving Systems & TransWorld Moving WON'T DELIVER PROPERTY! HAS ALL THE MONEY & WON'T DELIVER! lied to us Rip-off Sunrise California

We hired Transworld Moving to move all our things from Tennessee to California. It was agreed that they would come on December 26, 2002, of course they did not come until December 27, 2002. To our first surprise, they did not even look like professsionals the second surprise was that when they had all of our earthly belongings on that truck they pulled out paperwork for Advanced Moving System.

Let me say that at first I asked Ashley Judd if they were a broker and she told me they were not, but what she did not tell me was that their other company was Advanced Moving. I had contacted them in a search for a mover and just by talking to the sales rep. for 5 seconds declinded to pursue this with them. Had I kown they were also Advanced Moving Systems, they would have never gotten the job.

We were also told that the shipment was over estmated weight and cubic feet (big surprise right). We did agree with that, my company was paying for the transfer and what it takes is what it takes. It still seemed reasonable. It was also agreed upon that it may take up to 14 days for the shipment to arrive. Still, not real happy, but OK. Then after that 14 days had passed we called them, keep in mind that they never tried to contact us and still has not. We always have to call them.

That is where Ralph comes into the picture. Nice & friendly Transworld is not so nice anymore and tells us that we have to deal Ralph, he knows everything. WRONG! We call him. He says oh, it will be there in 3 days after we pay the remainder of our bill. Remember, they waited until we called them. My company sent payment, check cleared and still no shipment. We contacted him again, it will be 3 more days. We went through this every time we called and we called every 2 days to check on the shipment.

Here it is February 1, 2003 and we don't have anything! They have everything we own. And to make matters worse we have a child and most of childs things are in that shipment. We are adults and we understand that there are some really cold blooded, heartless people in this world, but for kids it is not that easy.

We are like the guy from Fremont California that is waiting for his stuff. If it comes I'll bet our shipments will be on the same truck. If anyone can help please let me know, it does not seem the government agencies will help according to what I have read here.

Darrell
Pleasanton, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2003 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Moving-System-TransWorld-Moving/Sunrise-California-33351/Advanced-Moving-Systems-TransWorld-Moving-WONT-DELIVER-PROPERTY-HAS-ALL-THE-MONEY-WO-43783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Moving System & TransWorld Moving