Complaint Review: Advanced Moving System, aka: Transworldmoving

• Submitted: Wed, January 22, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, January 22, 2003

• Reported By:Dolton Illinois
Advanced Moving System, aka: Transworldmoving
4582 N. Hiatus Rd. Sunrise, Florida U.S.A.

Advanced Moving System aka Transworldmoving holds hostage for ransom Sunrise Florida

After agreeing over the internet at a price just over $5000 this company in the middle of our families move from New York state to the south suburbs of Chicago raised our price to over $18,000 for the delivery of our goods.

There were several complaints I have against this company that first greatly underestimated our cubit feet of household goods from the list I gave to "Ashley Judd" over the internet. There were only a few items that I failed to include in the itemized list, but not to the degree of going over as stated by the movers. I informed them of a upright piano, the driver arrived and was surprised to see a piano and said it was not in his report.

They had me sign a blank bill of lading to start the loading process and then since their truck was too small, they had to send another truck to complete the delivery. Once trucks were loaded and the drivers informed me of the new price while we were in route to our new home, the "additional" goods were priced at $4.50 cu ft up from our agreed price of $2.50 cu ft.

Extra charges, late delivery and contract fraud is what this company is all about. They are doing nothing but ripping people off and then demanding a unreasonable amount of payment for goods.

My goods are now stored somewhere in a storage unit and will not be delivered, if that, until they receive new payment of their unreasonable amount. Laws have been broken and it appears that even the federal government cannot stop these crooks. I have made repeated phone calls to FBI, Federal DOT, State Attorney offices in Florida, New York and Illinois and nothing seems to get done. It appears that the crooks will win and us honest people are victumized.

Bob
Dolton, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2003 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Moving-System-aka-Transworldmoving/Sunrise-Florida-33351/Advanced-Moving-System-aka-Transworldmoving-holds-hostage-for-ransom-Sunrise-Florida-42434. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Moving System, aka: Transworldmoving