Complaint Review: Advanced Moving System

• Submitted: Tue, August 21, 2001
  • Updated: Tue, August 21, 2001

• Reported By:
Advanced Moving System
Sunrise California, CA, FL, Nationwide U.S.A.

Advanced Moving Systems, Sunrise, FL Rip-off Need other victims, Suing, need testimony)

Ok folks, if you think you have heard it all, think again. At the end of this message is an email address for you to contact me. I need your help because I am suing. If you email me your information, I will be more than happy to support any claim you have against this company.

It all starts in Mid May of 2001. A friend of mine recommends this company because he found them online at that they were cheaper than some of the other quotes that he had gotten. So I called Advanced Movers (www.advancedmove.com). The woman who quoted me was Odelia, who was very nice. She asked that I go through and give her a detailed description of everything in the house. Now, My wife and I were living in a 1200 SQ Ft. apartment, with no storage, so it is pretty easy to go through and say what is in the apartment. She quotes us $4120, including insurance.

Two weeks later, my friend, who is the one who recommended them, calls me from DC (we both just moved to CA) and says that he had a horrible experience on the day of the move, they showed up at 10 pm and charged him 80% more than quoted, including obscene charges for each roll of tape and bubble wrap.

I immediately called my rep (Odelia) and told her about the situation. She said it was because he had misestimated and that it was last minute. To avoid this, I had her write up a new contract saying the bubble wrap and tape was included as well as go through the inventory once again. This time, I went through every damn piece of furniture I owned and gave exact dimensions on most pieces. Trust me, I gave an extremely detailed report. When she requoted, it was only about $100 more than the original, stating that I was very thorough the first time.

Feeling satisfied, we continued. On the day of the move, the movers showed up (just 2 of them) at 6:30 pm, not the 9:00 am that they promised. They proceeded to charge me an additional $610 for packing, which was clearly stated that was included on the contract.

When they finished at 1:30 am, they said I exceed the alloted cubic feet by 325 and that I would have to pay them an additional $4.25 per cubic foot. Remember I gave them exactly what was in the apartment? well the additional 325 did not include a sofa, loveseat, coffee table, 2 end tables, an entertainment center, and two book cases, most of which had been sold the day before. Imagine how much it would have gone over if these had been included. (remember, these were included in the original estimate).

Having no other choice, and being with two kids at 1:30 am, we paid them. Mind you, we were driving to California, so we wer already a day late.

I wont even go into all the details, but the 7-10 day window that was given was severely off. We called every two days to find out when the furniture was going to arrive, and the answer was always, 3 or 4 days out. Exactly 5 weeks after the pick up date, our furniture arrived. We lived on the floor, with no dishes, utensils, clothes etc. for an extra 4 weeks over their estimate.

When our stuff arrived, the furniture that I begged that they take care of was destroyed, as well as china (which they packed). The estimated damage is in the $3000 range.

UNDERSTAND: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. IF YOU DO, YOU ARE A FOOL.

Email me with your contact information, so that I may use it to sue these people. They are crooks and should be treated accordingly.

My name: Brian Berendsen Email: bmberendsen@aol.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Moving-System/California-CA-FL-Nationwide/Advanced-Moving-Systems-Sunrise-FL-Rip-off-Need-other-victims-Suing-need-testimony-6280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Moving System