Complaint Review: Advanced Moving Systems

• Submitted: Sat, November 02, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, November 17, 2002

• Reported By:st francis ks
Advanced Moving Systems
http://www.advancedmove.com/ , California U.S.A.

Advanced Moving Systems is attempting to rip me off & holding my things hostage Florida California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Advanced Moving Systems Strikes again

*Consumer Suggestion: This is a case for the media

Advanced Systems is putting my family through an unbelievable nightmare. We moved over two months ago and they still have all of our things, many of which are irreplaceable. They are holding our things hostage, and trying to extort an exorbitant amount of money from us. I even agreed to pay after visual proof my things are still safe, or pay and pick up my things myself after visual proof my things are still in their care.

They refuse and I have my doubts that my things are even still with them. I have retained an attorney and would like to bring a class action suit against them. Please contact me if you have been ripped-off by advanced move. There is power in numbers, so let's fight them together

Wally
Fairfield, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2002 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Moving-Systems/California/Advanced-Moving-Systems-is-attempting-to-rip-me-off-holding-my-things-hostage-Florida-Ca-34070. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Moving Systems

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Advanced Moving Systems Strikes again

AUTHOR: Scammed - ()

We had a similar experience with advanced moving systems last year. After being quoted $975, our belongings were loaded on the truck, including some empty boxes never intended to be moved yet loaded by the foreign movings who didn't speak much english. Once everything was loaded on the truck the demand for money tripled and our possesions were shipped to a warehouse in Texas for a month.

After about a month of repeated phone calls to the company, being put on hold, and being threatened to never be able to see our things again, we paid the exhorbidant $3,500 plus the fee of over $250 to Western Union to have the money sent to them. I

am very interested in entering into a class action suit against this company as they robbed us and held our belongings hostage for a month.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

This is a case for the media

AUTHOR: The Fraud Chick - ()

Wally,

Call your local television news team and report the scheme to the investigative reporter(s). Let them have a crack at the moving company.