Complaint Review: Advanced Moving Systems

• Updated: Thu, November 06, 2003

• Reported By:Studio City California
Advanced Moving Systems
Florida , Florida U.S.A.

Advanced Moving Systems ripoff paid in full at the time of pick-up and they wouldn't deliver my furniture Florida

Advanced Moving Systems IS a rip off. I paid in full at the time of pick-up and they wouldn't deliver my furniture; one excuse after another. The best excuse was "the truck broke down in the midwest and we have to ship the driver the part because it's a special part."

I called the Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) in Washington D.C. Chuck Horan is the Chief Enforcer and James DuBose is an agent. These two great guys stayed on the case and I got my furniture 3 1/2 months later. I'd probably still be waiting if not for their help.

Here's the deal with this company: they make so much money ripping us off that they can afford to pay the heavy fines the D.O.T. lays on them. I looked into suing them but they have no insurance so it's not worth it. How do they get around not having insurance? Pay a fine. The fine is cheaper than the insurance.

I think the best bet is to make sure we tell everyone we know not to use their company. That is why I'm writing this.

Studio City, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2003 07:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Moving-Systems/Florida/Advanced-Moving-Systems-ripoff-paid-in-full-at-the-time-of-pick-up-and-they-wouldnt-deliv-71215. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Moving Systems