Complaint Review: Advanced Tech Courses - Federal CDL Course

• Submitted: Mon, July 13, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 13, 2009

• Reported By:Providence Rhode Island
Advanced Tech Courses - Federal CDL Course
6100 U.S. 31, Grawn, Michigan U.S.A.

Advanced Tech Courses - Federal CDL Course MONEY BACK GUARANTEE FALSE -- COURSE IS A RIP-OFF! Grawn Michigan

I ordered the Federal CDL Course from this company, very excited to begin my studies in order to obtain my commercial driver's license. The cost of the course is $95, and they promise a money-back guarantee if you don't pass from fully studying their materials. They also promise that EVERY question you will take on your CDL endorsement tests is 100% covered in their materials. They also promise up-to-date fee information for the state you will be taking your tests in, and also a full list of all the documentation you will need to bring to your tests, as well as what you will need to do to obtain your license.

This course failed in all of the above. I studied like mad ALL of the questions repeatedly. I then studied the short review. I then took the practice exam, and got a 'B+' on it. They say to then go right away to take the actual exam. I waited the weekend to re-study ALL of the materials again to insure I would pass.

When I got to the exam, I was first told that I didn't have my social security card or proof of address. This was NOT listed in their materials. This was the only day I would be able to take the test for a long time, so I had to race around the city to get a copy of my social security card and had to go home to get proof of address. Then, the fees were WAY above what they quoted to take the test. Thankfully I had that money, and so took the test. I failed, because at least half the questions NEVER appeared in their study materials in any way, shape or form. So, I am out that money.

When I called to ask for my money back, telling them the situation, I was blown off, being told that ALL the questions that were on my test were covered by their study materials. But the DMV testing guy himself said he had heard numerous reports from other people who had purchased this package, saying the exact same thing. Since the company refuses me my money unless I pay the money and take the test yet again (STILL without being able to learn the necessary information!)

They also state in their materials that each person can only take ONE endorsement (ie, CDL general, passenger, hazmat, air brakes, etc.) per day. One cannot schedule more than one of these per day, which makes it an even longer and more grueling process. Yet, at the DMV, they fully expected me to take ALL the necessary endorsements today, telling me in no uncertain terms that of COURSE it's okay (and expected) for a wanna be driver to take all the endorsements at once. So, I will have to take yet more time off work to do this.

Finally, I learned from the DMV that all the ACCURATE information is available for free from THEM, no matter what state you take your exams in! So I will have to relearn the information correctly from them.

Please save your money and your mind by avoiding this company!

Providence, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2009 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Tech-Courses-Federal-CDL-Course/Grawn-Michigan-49637/Advanced-Tech-Courses-Federal-CDL-Course-MONEY-BACK-GUARANTEE-FALSE-COURSE-IS-A-RIP-O-469111. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Tech Courses - Federal CDL Course