Complaint Review: Advanced Tech Support

• Updated: Sat, April 20, 2013

• Reported By: Henry — New Jersey
Advanced Tech Support
4800 Trex Ave Boca Raton, FL Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

Advanced Tech Support Inbound Call Experts tech support, horrible, worst, scam Boca Raton, Florida

*Author of original report: Everything was resolved.

Well it all Started when I had an issue with my computer where I had gotten a call trying to sell me
Some Speedypc Pro software which I stupidly bought into. After installing there software and letting it scan my PC I started to notice that my files like my excel files and pictures started to disappear. I ended up calling them up to get some help on this. Which I spoke to there Sales rep which automatically loaded up my event viewer and told me I had all these unsolved issues on my computer and the only way to get rid of them was if I signed up with there yearly technical support service which cost me over 500 dollars. Mind you after speaking and doing some digging on the internet I found out that all Paretologics software does is create fake entries into the registry and into the event viewer, so that the customer has to call for help and get scammed into buying unneeded tech support. Back to what I was saying, after I purchased there so called Technical Support services I was remotely connected to a technician and they ran some Toolkit on my computer , changed a ton of settings which afterwords told me the issue was resolved. I went to check for my files and they were still missing, so I called back again the second time, and they did the same thing they ran the same toolkit and told me that the files were back, I checked for the files which were still not there. I then was transfered to a Level 3 tech which worked on the issue for more than 2 weeks ...YES 2WEEKS!!
I was unable to use my computer and the end result was that I lost my financial documents, my quickbooks database and my family pictures, none of which were restored, they informed me that the system restore was not able to restore my files because it was no successful at restoring them, I was furious and demanded my money back...which at this point took over 7 days to even get them to acknowledge that it was there fault and that I was entitled to a refund. For anyone reading this dont install any of Paretologics software, this includes SpeedyPCPro , Regcure, Regcure PRO, ect....STAY AWAY FROM THEM.!!! MOST OF ALL STAY AWAY FROM ADVANCED TECH SUPPORT THEY ARE A SCAM!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2013 06:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Advanced-Tech-Support/Boca-Raton-Florida-/Advanced-Tech-Support-Inbound-Call-Experts-tech-support-horrible-worst-scam-Boca-Raton-1041839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Advanced Tech Support

Everything was resolved.

AUTHOR: Henry - ()

They finally got back to me, were respectful, and refunded my money.